Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello fellow Passat owers,

I'm back on VWAF with a newly acquired 2011 VW Passat Estate 2.0TDi! I think it's CFFB engine, which I was surprised (had CFFB code on the original body sticker)

Previously I was very active on A4 B5 page (2012-2016ish) whilst I learned so much about car in general. I then went on to buy T4 Transporter to semi-convert as a camper. Nearly five years then, I am married, got proper paid job and a second baby on its way!

Hence T4 went (still sad) and we're back on an estate but on Passat this time!

Straight away, things have advanced so much from later 90s car to 2010s! With A4 and T4 I was happy to tinker with vaccume hoses, EGR, turbo, the usual services, but heck, everything in the bonnet is covered in plastic covers. Managed to spot the air, oil and fuel filters (seem accessible?) and I think the turbo and EGR at the front of the engine.

I WILL BE ASKING QUITE ALOT OF QUESTIONS HERE, so please bear with me whilst I catch up with modern technology... Excited to become an active member here again.

Happy motoring!
    '11 VW B7 Passat Estate 2.0TDi CFFB (Current)
    '98 VW T4 Transporter 2.5TDi ACV (Previous)
    '99 Audi B5 A4 Avant 1.9TDi AFN (Previous)

0 0 0

2. Re: Back on VWAF! Just bought '11 Passat Estate 2.0TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    First question:

We haven't got the car at home yet, but I know the vehicle was advertised as 2.0TDi, 138BHP 320Nm so I was expecting engine code CBAB (based on Wikipaedia, of course! Volkswagen Passat (B6) - Wikipedia).

When we went to view and test driven earlier today, I am sure I saw CFFB letters on the VIN sticker. I should have taken a photo for reference. So this means it potentially have ad-blue and Euro-6 "ready?"

HPI Euro Standard checker
    returns EURO5 for the vehicle. I wondered if there's something we can do or re-register to get it up to EURO6, if it is CFFB engine.

Any insight into this anyone?

Happy motoring!

0 0 0

3. Re: Back on VWAF! Just bought '11 Passat Estate 2.0TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    CFFB engine is a Euro5 engine as most of that era.

Nothing you can do to " get it up to EURO6 ".

0 0 0

4. Re: Back on VWAF! Just bought '11 Passat Estate 2.0TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Private message me the REG and I can tell you more
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Back on VWAF! Just bought '11 Passat Estate 2.0TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes, CFFB and listed as EU5 on the DVLA database.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Back on VWAF! Just bought '11 Passat Estate 2.0TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks very much both.

So it is CFFB and Euro 5. So what is this "EURO6 ready" status for CFFB engines described in Wikipedia? Just a marketing bull?
    And what are the differences between CFFB and CBAB engines, if they both produce 138BHP and 320Nm?

0 0 0

7. Re: Back on VWAF! Just bought '11 Passat Estate 2.0TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    There was talk of Horiba MIRA testing and approving modified cars such as EU3 to 4 petrol and EU5 to 6 Diesel which is possible in many cases but nothing seems to have come of it. Without an official approval system, conversion is a waste of time although I am building a Golf 2 on which I am targeting EU4 but how do I prove it and register it? The authorities are too interested in getting us all into electric cars ASAP, just like they did in the 90’s with Diesel when we had Global Warming before it was rebranded Climate Change and recently supercharged with Climate Emergency.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Back on VWAF! Just bought '11 Passat Estate 2.0TDi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So it sounds like CFFB Engine is going to stay EURO 5 and absolutely no different from CBAB engine?

It does not bother us as we have no intention to go into ULEZ anytime soon so having a vehicle from EURO2 (T4 Transporter) to EURO5 is our bit of doing something positive for the environment.

0 0 0