Notices

User Tag List

Thread: VW Golf MK7 2015 1.4 TSI DSG droping gears overheats/clutch?

1. Question VW Golf MK7 2015 1.4 TSI DSG droping gears overheats/clutch? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, this could be a long one, but please stay with me, my first car so want to get trough this

2 months ago my wife had a problem, where car was dropping gears. I went to see it myself, no matter how strong or weak accelerator is applied, it puts it in D1, sometimes goes to D2, but afterwards drops to manual mode (1 OR 2) and instantly out of gear (Not showing N on dash, just nothing) and revs high, like clutch is disengaged. It was a hot day and I noticed that AC wasn't running properly but didn't pay much attention to it. Car was transported to service that day, but next day when checked it was fine, driving as it should, with good gear changes. They didn't find any errors that could lead to this and couldn't recreate the bug. This was just 300 km after regular service that they did a month ago.

I had the same issue a couple of times, but less severe and I had no point in going in, as they didn't find anything last time.

Until a month ago I was driving some heavy traffic and I could feel that it started again, same symptoms, no dash warnings, hotter AC, I could feel the car is toasty, but engine temp is fine, constant as always. I was close to service, so I brought it in, crawling last few meters with constant gear drops. This time they acknowledged the problem and said it was a problem with old software version (Strange, but ok), one of the parameters was off, so they had to change it with new update.

I got first signs again a week afterwards, with total breakdown again in less than a month. Brought it in again, now they acknowledge they don't know what is wrong with it, they extracted error logs etc. (Don't know much about car systems ) and sent it to VW support. They say that temps are fine, but the car does feel toasty.

Today got the answer from them, first they need to take off the mechatronic unit, see if there are any problems or flakes, then gearbox, but this would be pricey, not even talking about changing them.

I could not find any similar cases, at least not as severe.

I am planning on bringing the car to another service for second opinion.

What else could I do? What to check? feeling a little bit lost in this.

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Golf MK7 2015 1.4 TSI DSG droping gears overheats/clutch? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Sorry to hear of your problems. First question, before you bought the car was the gearbox serviced every 4 years or 50k km? It is critical that h=the gearbox is serviced as per VW's schedule or it will develop issues. Also Mechatronic units are known to fail.

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Golf MK7 2015 1.4 TSI DSG droping gears overheats/clutch? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    This will be the seven speed DSG which is dry clutch and has no servicing requirements and yes, Mechatronic failure is a HUGE problem with this type known as the DQ200; your symptoms are classics Mechatronic failure.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: VW Golf MK7 2015 1.4 TSI DSG droping gears overheats/clutch? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    This will be the seven speed DSG which is dry clutch and has no servicing requirements and yes, Mechatronic failure is a HUGE problem with this type known as the DQ200; your symptoms are classics Mechatronic failure.

Every day is a school day! Thought all DSG boxes required servicing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

5. Re: VW Golf MK7 2015 1.4 TSI DSG droping gears overheats/clutch? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Well you could look at Mechatronic replacement as a service interval...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0