Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all,

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has done this before, basically, I've installed a set of R32 lights onto my Mk4 that's not an R32 everything working as it should which is great except for one small issue, the manual headlight leveller (the scroll-switch next to the dimmer switch for the clocks) no longer is working.

I've contacted the guy who I bought adapters from said it's something that they have not heard of before, and I have reached out to the chap who I bought them for but yet to receive a reply. Am I correct in thinking they can be set up with use with the manual levelling for the dip beam and the leveller motors in them are just bad or is there something more to this?

Before purchasing I did look into this a lot and it seems that some came with "Auto levelling" depending on the weight in the rear and some R32's didn't come with this - can anyone confirm or deny this? I don't really wish to fork out an additional £££ for the auto-levelling kit as I only have found it for sale in one place and that was for over 400 Euros.

I do have my original set that has working levelling motors, so in theory, I was thinking of taking the motors out of them and replacing the current ones in the R32 lights with them as I know they function.

Any assistance on this would be much appreciated I have seen the R32 lights on non-R32's before and did like the look but can't seem to find any information on this at all on the web.
    Should I not be able to get this sorted then I may just have to go as a last resort of selling them and getting a 3rd party DEPO or similar set that has the standard Plug and Play cabeling as I understand they have the motors in them (Or at least some come with motors - Others I'd just have to connect from an old set)

Thanks for reading,
    Duck.

0 0 0

2. Re: Retro fitting R32 lights to a Mk4 Golf thats not an R32 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If you have fitted full HID replicas of R32 lights then by law you MUST also instal the height sensing self levelling system with front and rear suspension height sensors AND headlight pressure jet wash or it SHOULD fail the MOT and in this years MOT revision this point was clarified to try and stop people doing this... the company that sold you them should have pointed out that these are for “off road use only”. In the R32 there as no headlight levelling control as it was automatic.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0