Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    As long as it is fitted correctly they cover it but just check if they are OK with DIY installation.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well new part fitted today.. My local VW couldn't get the part in a suitable time frame (Needed the car for this weekend) and pulled some faces when mentioning warranty and DIY installation, opted to go for a EGR from darkside developments its a borgwarner which i believe make all parts anyway £300

Fitted.. started the car and error was still present... turned it off and started again but no start! at this point was panicking lol
    turned out I was out of fuel, I broke down originally on the way to get fuel... topped it up primed the lines and charged the battery for an hour (it died with me trying to start it a few times) and it started... but error still present!

Used my cheap streetwize scanner error code 0407 pending cleared the error and bingo no more dash error's took it for a drive and all good.

The only issue I've got now is when I first start the car it has a little blip and drops a few revs/lights go dim for a split second then back to normal? I'm hoping this is the battery not being fully charged or the garage did say I had a bad glow plug?

Thanks for the help

0 0 0

3. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes Borg Warner is a huge OE manufacturer, I hope it goes well.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey crasher

wondering if you know the part number for the turbo oil outlet gasket/seal?
    I have a slight leak from it, its a rectangle gasket that is right up by the turbo

0 0 0

5. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The oil return pipe gasket? PM me your reg.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Glad it worked out for you. That gasket is a right pain. Even the graphite coating on the replacements is fragile.

0 0 0

7. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The double return rectangular gasket is 03L 145 757 H and £4.69

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The double return rectangular gasket is 03L 145 757 H and £4.69

Massive help thank you.

Replacement has been fitted and so far no leeks! have drove car more and no EGR issue's have left carboard under the car to keep an eye out.
    Looking at the new one to the old i was stupid using it.. you also have to be careful when fitting as it seems to be able to fit incorrectly (the bolts can tighten but plate isn't in place) if you have tightened down the other bolts on the oil return pipe before attempting these bolts that go into the turbo at the top.
    For ease i hand started the bottom bango bolts then the 13mm bolt on the side, then one of the torx bolts you can then push it into position at the top where it connects to the turbo.

If anyone is attempting this on your back it is possible just make sure you have a good range of tools but the ones that helped me the most is... compact dewalt impact driver - New torx set - extended torx set (for the above gasket its tight) and get a pair of proper hose clamp pliers.
    I didn't remove any drive shaft or anything else moved the DPF obviously and moved to one side its needed as access is tight and you are feeling about in the dark with some torx bolts, but with reference of pictures on google you can kinda see where they should be.
    Also before getting under the car make sure you research and know what torx and sockets you need nothing worse than getting under with a 10mm to find its a 13mm!

0 0 0

9. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well that lasted long I swear it's my missus being unlucky!!!

Anyway I have drove the thing for a good 50 miles without fault at all over the weekend, the missus gets in it this morning coil light flashing and exclamation mark by the mileage counter.

Turned off started again no errors drove it down the road about a mile and into limp mode flashing coil light.
    She pulled over stopped the car. now it's back to not starting saying "depress clutch"

Bummer!

0 0 0

10. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    now it's back to not starting saying "depress clutch"

Is it saying that with the clutch depressed ?

If so, could be that your clutch switch is faulty or wiring to the switch damaged.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast