Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philipharmes View Post
    now it's back to not starting saying "depress clutch"

Is it saying that with the clutch depressed ?

If so, could be that your clutch switch is faulty or wiring to the switch damaged.
    It's been checked by a garage and a auto electrician! My original fault was braking down at the garage with depress clutch showing even though clutch is pressed! It spent a week and a half with 2 different garages for them to say nothing was wrong and its intermittent.

Got the car home went to drive it again and error code 4 the EGR came up so started this thread.

0 0 0

2. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    It sounds to me as though you still have an intermittent fault with the clutch switch.

There is an electronic Hall type switch on the clutch master cylinder which i'm sure would be available as a separate part to the master cylinder.

Otherwise could just be a wiring fault.

You need a GOOD auto electrician with a wiring diagram.

But being intermittent isn't going to make it an easy job.

0 0 0

3. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So back home from work

Missus managed to limp the car home a mile so it was sitting back on the drive.
    I start the car up same issue as previous

Lumpy idle
    glow plug light on
    exclamation mark by mileage

Read the fault code again with my cheap scanner P0407!!!

Turn the car off and back on again and error has gone, I have tried stop/starting it now well over 30 times in the past 2 hours and no signs of the error?
    I have drove the car around 10 miles no sign of limp mode.

The only thing it does now is have a blip when you first start it for a brief second the needle drops and you can hear the engine struggle, but the more I tried starting the less noticeable the blip became until last few attempts when it just didn't do it and idled perfect.
    Gonna give it a few hours to drop the temp of the engine and try again

I just have a feeling its not the EGR its something before the EGR that seems to be working just enough not to throw a fault but cause the EGR to flip out (or i might be talking ******** lol)
    Seems weird it works then don't tho?

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Failure of the clutch pedal position Hall sender is common especially on pre 12/10/14 build cars like yours; we change the complete master cylinder though.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tbh I've not had the issue with it not starting since I broke down weeks ago, and the other morning when it wouldn't start for the missus she drove off with the coil light flashing not knowing!

I started the car today it hasn't been turned on for 24 hours first 4 starts I get the coil light flashing after that it starts but with a slight lumpy idle and I can keep doing that with the lumpy idle getting better the warmer the engine gets.

I'm wondering does the car have any system that prevents start if it thinks the engine is not right? The reason I ask it's only never started for me weeks ago and when attempting to start the coil light come on, since then it has started for me everytime the only time it hasn't is twice both when the missus attempted to drive it with the flashing coil and it ending up in limp mode (both times her reaction was to pull over and stop/start car? And it didn't start)?

For me it seems as though once the engine is a little warmer or the fuel has been primed more the less and less the problem occurs?

0 0 0

6. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another thing the exclamation mark is to do with the cars start/stop it's showing an error would that cause the car to not start?
    Could it be as simple as a battery?

0 0 0

7. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The stop/start system is very fussy, not wearing a seat belt, a mildly low battery or even having the AC on high will stop it working; personally if I was daft enough to buy a car with it, I would permanently code it out… all it does is kill the battery, starter and flywheel. But that’s OK because it is not measured tailpipe emissions so not real according to the EU burotwats.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I'm completely at a loss now wish I had vcds! Today I have changed all the glow plugs to see if that helps but no..

Car is still doing the same first starts bring up glow plugs and error 0407 then after a minute car is fine no faults and drives ok?

Might book it in for a battery check tomorrow just incase, then has to go off to a garage I guess..

0 0 0

9. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Another question..

When the car is started first and I get the glow plug light it is very lumpy, and as I've said gets better the more I use it. Until no error and car drives fine?

1# does the new egr need adaption?

2# and bare with me here could I not try and blank off the EGR just to test cold startup to perhaps pin point the lumpy idle down to the new EGR?( I understand this is illegal as a perminant fix )

0 0 0

10. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Did you test the old plugs and have you tested the new.

It might not be the first time a new plug is faulty.

How to Test Diesel Glow Plugs | YourMechanic Advice
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast