Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sooooo...

not working again!!! really starting to annoy now lol

So this time it is not the dreaded p0407 error!

I'm getting P242A & P246E which i think is the sensor in the DPF the angled one?

The car glow plug light on and now will not start at all! any tips on this thing testing and is it ok to replace with a cheaper part? part number?

Thanks (crasher)

0 0 0

2. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    P242A - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 3 G495 Bank 1: Electrical Malfunction

P246E - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 4 G648 Bank 1: Electrical Malfunction

It is odd for EGT sensors 3 and 4 to fail simultaneously and it is usually EGT sensor 1 G235 which fails but they have been through so bit of a rough time. If it was the earth feed from the ECU through the troublesome T10 behind the left headlight then I would also expect the G83 coolant and G235 EGT TSEN 1 sensors to come up. I would replace EGT TSEN 3 03L 906 088 J with a Febi 100844 and EGT TSEN 4 03L 906 088 HM with a Febi 48844, Febi UK have stock of both. That it won't start is worrying, did you work on the wiring toe the EGR pot with the ignition on?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    P242A - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 3 G495 Bank 1: Electrical Malfunction

P246E - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 4 G648 Bank 1: Electrical Malfunction

It is odd for EGT sensors 3 and 4 to fail simultaneously and it is usually EGT sensor 1 G235 which fails but they have been through so bit of a rough time. If it was the earth feed from the ECU through the troublesome T10 behind the left headlight then I would also expect the G83 coolant and G235 EGT TSEN 1 sensors to come up. I would replace EGT TSEN 3 03L 906 088 J with a Febi 100844 and EGT TSEN 4 03L 906 088 HM with a Febi 48844, Febi UK have stock of both. That it won't start is worrying, did you work on the wiring toe the EGR pot with the ignition on?
    Well last night I also got p0606 code but that only lasted for one key in and out.!

Now I have also noticed sometimes when trying to start the dash lights up like a Christmas tree with loads of clicking, I have had this in the past and turned out to be a dead battery. At the time the cheapest AGM battery was a Halfords one and luckily it's still within warranty so I shall take that back today.

Failing that I will check over there grounds and give them a clean

I have tested the battery with a multimeter and it's reading 12.6v when the ignition is on this goes down to 12.3v I thought AGM batteries needed more than that? Also should the battery light go out on the dash? Before start? As I have a red battery light that won't go out but unsure if that goes out once car is started (I won't start at all ATM)

No work was done with ignition on since fixing the EGR wiring the car has drove 80 miles?

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Battery has been fully charged and is now over 13v.

Car cranks but don't fire.

Sometimes it cranks continuously and sometimes it just turns over once then nothing untill I cycle the keys again?

When it wasn't starting I had flashing glow plug and solid engine light on, now if both are on it cranks once but sometimes glow plug light disappears and will crank continuously?

The only thing the car has done from working to not working is it's been washed and we had a massive down pour of rain, I'm thinking a ground issue

0 0 0

5. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    16990 (P0606) - Internal Control Module: Processor Fault

That isn't good!

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    16990 (P0606) - Internal Control Module: Processor Fault

That isn't good!
    I know �� I have only seen the error pop up once tho so I have hope (ish).. and the battery was dead at the time.

So I have a fully charged battery and I get the following errors/observations when trying to start/cycle the key

1# nothing happens - red battery light/EML/glow plug light
    2# same as above - dash flickers and clicks all over the place
    3# same as 1 but audible click from fuse box within engine
    4# one click of the starter - glow plug light no longer lit
    5# constant cranking for around 1 minute then cuts off - all lights lit
    6# constant cranking with engine start for approx 10 seconds then cuts out - all lights lit

I have just cleaned all grounds around the airbox/pass light/by fuse box all looked a little corroded, will charge battery again and test.

I have had a little peep under the cowl at the ECU and it looks as tho it has been removed in the past as security bolts have been dremeled it also looks a bit crusty (white residue on it)

0 0 0

7. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just looked over the ECU and it's not looking great

PXL_20210730_095926786.jpg

PXL_20210730_095938551.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    They always look like that, it being obvious the chastity belt has been removed it is obviously no longer virgin territory.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    They always look like that, it being obvious the chastity belt has been removed it is obviously no longer virgin territory.
    Seem wrong to me they put it right below the join in the cowl!

So a friend has a obdeleven and has scanned the car the list was long but I image they were stored faults over a period of time. I have a list of them saved anyway after clearing them and scanning again I get the following codes

P056200 static
    P242C00 static
    P246E00 Intermittent
    01314 Intermittent

The dash is still lighting up all over the place, the temp gauge had a mind of its own and something was constantly buzzing from the engine bay.

I honestly think something is up with the battery.
    I have checked the grounds for resistance and they all read below 2 ohm, apart from the one in the drain troth which is reading 2.5ohm

0 0 0

10. Re: Passat 1.6 TDI p0407 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    passat - YouTube

And now it seems to try and start itself without the clutch pressed in or key being pressed in lol

The battery was below 12v at this point

0 0 0

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast