Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batteryman View Post
    I have to admit that I must have been confusing internet and DAB stations - back to where I started i.e. no logos for Classic FM and Smooth unless I'm using internet radio. You would think the system could read the image file from the usb connection and store it like the previous versions with SD cards but no.
    Sounds exactly like what I got.
    I get every logo when on the internet radio stations but when it’s DAB it’s all the BBC ones and around 40-50% of the others.
    I can live with it but I will try to re tune the DAB radio when I’m next in a place I know has a great reception to see if that makes any difference.

0 0 0

2. Re: Radio Station Logos 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    It's going to be that for some reason British stations don't comply with standards... I'll bet Germany has station logos...

0 0 0

3. Re: Radio Station Logos 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I queried the transmission of station logos with Global, Classic FM (and others) parent company and had the following reply:-

"Many thanks for contacting Global.

I have asked our technical team for advice, and they have advised me that this will be to do with the car manufacturer. The logo doesn't get sent over FM/DAB. There may be something in your car manual to upload them as previously but its not something we are able to assist with unfortunately.

All the best
    Tom
    Customer Support"

So the only ones who can sort this are VW themselves, presumably with a software update sometime in the future. I noted that the station logo download from VW for older infotainment systems is lacking a lot of common logos, so don't hold your breath.

0 0 0

4. Re: Radio Station Logos 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    I think the issue may be that the world of DAB has moved on since the Mk7 Golf where you could download DAB logos. It would seem that the stations now boradcast their own logos either as part of the EPG or as part of the xPAD Station Logos on DAB Displays — Digital Spy If the logo is not appearing then it is probably due to it not being transmitted, Obviously when listenting to Internet radio it is a different source so the logo is transmitted in a differnt way
    Seems it’s a VW issue.
    Picked up a new Audi A3 and every single DAB stations logo is available.

0 0 0

5. Re: Radio Station Logos 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think that these logos comes from the radio database, which will update over the internet. Manual says that...

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12