1. Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hey guys, i am going to pick up my Audi A7 (3.0 BiTDi 2016 reg) this weekend however ive just been informed it only has one key. What would be the process to get a replacement key (without going to the dealership of course)

Is it something easily done via VCDS or alternative? I have been blank keys are approx £30 on ebay. Any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated
    2008 Audi A6 C6 S-Line Saloon, 2.0 Diesel with Multitronic Gearbox. BRE engine code and remapped to 170BHP (Stock was 140) Has 85k on the clock

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Highly unlikely VCDS will do it, there probably isnt a key tag with the secret key code with it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    what is the key tag? is it required? sorry i have literally no experience with any of this
    2008 Audi A6 C6 S-Line Saloon, 2.0 Diesel with Multitronic Gearbox. BRE engine code and remapped to 170BHP (Stock was 140) Has 85k on the clock

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Vcds is a good tool, but it wont do anything unless its done correctly, you need the proper login for the immobiliser which is the skc on the tag supplied with the keys if you expect vcds to have any chance.

When you say blanks? Used keys can now be unlocked around £15-20 but you need to get the correct key, you need a new blade as well really, then a locksmith (automotive) should be able to add a key

A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    ah thanks Dean, that makes sense. i have found something like this on ebay:

AUDI 3 BUTTON REMOTE SMART KEY FOB CASE SHELL A4 A5 A6 A7 Q5 Q7 ETC REPLACEMENT | eBay

However im not sure if im being gullible thinking its as simple as purchasing that and coding with a minimal total cost?

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Thanks an empty case, no real use to you at all,
    You need to open the key and get the part number
    Then find a used one, pay and unlock it then try and get a locksmith to code it.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    See if Andy at Audi Upgrades can help you.

Audi Upgrades | OEM Level Retrofits

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    thanks guys! i have been quoted £370 from the dealer and £250 from someone off ebay too. Will give andy a call and see what he says. I havent got the car yet so cant get any numbers/info off it. Im manchester based so if anyone else local can assist id really appreciate it!

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k114l3d View Post
    thanks guys! i have been quoted £370 from the dealer and £250 from someone off ebay too. Will give andy a call and see what he says. I havent got the car yet so cant get any numbers/info off it. Im manchester based so if anyone else local can assist id really appreciate it!
    If the car only has the one key then you should delete all the keys currently paired to the car and then readd the one you have. That way you can be sure no one who has one of the missing keys can start your car. If I recall correctly the C7 came with 3 keys as standard - 2 remote keys and an emergency plastic blade key. It would originally have come with a plastic tag which contains a code that allows the immobiliser to be properly paired to the car. If you can get sight of the V5 for the car when you pick it up you could hopefully see the name and address of the previous owner and contact them to see if they have the missing keys. Unfortunately GDPR means that the PO is no longer listed on the V5

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi key fob programming 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    If you buy it and it does (god forbid) gets stolen you might be in for an interesting conversation with your insurers.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast