Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    If it is seized, the spindle and the bore get damaged and have to be reengineered so it has to come off. The way to check is remove the actuator arm clip and see if the spindle is free, if not it will need a rebuild.
    Indeed, that's what I'm thinking. But do you know how easy it is to get the circlip off? I'm just wondering because of where it's located.
    0 0 0

2. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    They are a latch over design which locks into a grove and are easy to remove if you know how. Only attempt this with the engine stone cold. If I was at work I could show you a picture of the clip.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    They are a latch over design which locks into a grove and are easy to remove if you know how. Only attempt this with the engine stone cold. If I was at work I could show you a picture of the clip.
    Would you mind doing that when you're next in work? Would much appreciate. Is it best attacked from above or below?
    0 0 0

4. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Remind me Monday. It is on the back of the engine so from above and over the back
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Remind me Monday. It is on the back of the engine so from above and over the back
    Here's your reminder. Thanks.
    0 0 0

6. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I use a trade system at home on my iPad but I have ETKA as well at work. I could see there was a servo motor kit (04E 198 725 G) and this contains the clip (3) but it is not available on its own (so if you do remove it, don't lose it!) and ETKA does not show a picture of the kit or the clip or retaining washer as it is referred to in the kit contents list. I seem to remember the clips have an over the top lock but the diagram just shows it as a conventional circlip.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ta very much. That's great. I'll update as and when something exciting happens.

BTW: interesting re-design of the actuator. In all the images I've seen online (obvs not this exact version), the arm disappears into the body of the actuator.
    Last edited by drlabman; 24-05-2021 at 05:48 PM.
    0 0 0

8. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I use a trade system at home on my iPad but I have ETKA as well at work. I could see there was a servo motor kit (04E 198 725 G) and this contains the clip (3) but it is not available on its own (so if you do remove it, don't lose it!) and ETKA does not show a picture of the kit or the clip or retaining washer as it is referred to in the kit contents list. I seem to remember the clips have an over the top lock but the diagram just shows it as a conventional circlip.

Do you happen to know whether that's the closed or open wastegate position? Without seeing a fully working one it would be hard to tell how much travel there should be, and in which direction. I'm assuming that's closed, and that the arm moves to the right in the diagram in order to open. From the fault codes I've seen I suspect mine isn't closing fully - I'm never getting overboost faults.
    0 0 0

9. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I can't remember which way that depicts but it is irrelevant, if the arm is disconnected there is a surprising arc of travel and it should be very easy to move.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Turbo Issues Fault Code P334B 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I can't remember which way that depicts but it is irrelevant, if the arm is disconnected there is a surprising arc of travel and it should be very easy to move.
    OK thanks. Damn it's a difficult place to get to though. Or maybe it's just me be a short@r$e.
    0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast