1. Oil Quantity Disparity and Dipstick question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Hello, just looking at my mums new purchase a 2011 Q5 2.0TDi Quattro Engine (J623-CJCA)

When it arrived it had just been serviced by the place she bought it from and upon my inspection it said "please drain oil". I told her to take it back and get a bit taken out as had presumed that who ever did it put the amount the book states instead of what it needed. She called me up today and said it's just come up "please add 1ltr of oil". I told her to bring it around, i've had a scan and I'm not sure what's going on here as i got in the car i switched ignition on and went into oil level in the mmi and it said "please add 1ltr of oil" and then changed to "please drain oil" again. I suspect a faulty level sensor?

Full fault scan just came up with 1 of her keys being low and that auxiliary water pump being dead which i'll look at another date. (Sigh of relief when its a 10 year old car that's she's bought! Expected more in there)

Ran a live check with engine running.

Address 01: Engine (03L 906 018 MN)

14:44:20
    IDE00151 Oil fill level 89.160 mm
    IDE00152 Oil warning threshold 37.164 mm
    IDE06387 Oil level: last valid dynamic value -3.764 mm
    IDE06393 Oil level: dynamic average value -7.544 mm

So two questions really, can anyone tell me which dipstick i can buy to check it the old fashioned way and secondly what the issue could be with the oil level sensor/readings.

Any suggestions appreciated!

0 0 0

2. Re: Oil Quantity Disparity and Dipstick question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Turns out it was overfilled on its last service by 2ltrs! Overloaded the sensor.

0 0 0

3. Re: Oil Quantity Disparity and Dipstick question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Hi

See my post in the Q7 4M Section ( I miss my dipstick )

That may help

0 1 0

4. Re: Oil Quantity Disparity and Dipstick question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    2 litres over is terrible. How can they manage that!!
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: Oil Quantity Disparity and Dipstick question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    She’d just bought it from a private dealer and it came with “fresh service” ie oil and filter change, long story short, it developed loads of other faults so ended up buying it off dealer at trade, clutch and DMF failure, air mixer motor failure, aux water pump failure countless trips to their other mechanic who made it all worse. Got it all sorted on my driveway for £600 and 3 days, so made a few k back off the dealer. She loves car now so happy days! But yeah 2ltrs over is just stupid.

0 0 0