1. How to unlock passenger door without battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have electricity problems and I had to disconnect battery. Connecting it again is not an option. Now I have to unlock and open passenger doors. I can unlock drivers door with key, but how do I unlock passenger doors?
    Passat 2003 b5.5 (3bg)

Poslano sa mog Mi 9T koristeći Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: How to unlock passenger door without battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    The doors are deadlocked and can only be opened via the electrically powered central locking system. Opening the drivers door with a key will do this if the system is still intact. The other option is removing the doorcards and window regulator carriers, then physically smashing the locks.

Why is reconnecting the battery not an option?

0 0 0

3. Re: How to unlock passenger door without battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianhayter View Post
    The doors are deadlocked and can only be opened via the electrically powered central locking system. Opening the drivers door with a key will do this if the system is still intact. The other option is removing the doorcards and window regulator carriers, then physically smashing the locks.

Why is reconnecting the battery not an option?
    Wiring is shorted somewhere. Is there any trick to open them without destroying anything. At least front passengers doors

0 0 0

4. Re: How to unlock passenger door without battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    No trick that I'm aware of. The door locks consist of 4 micro switches and a motor which is driven from a controller in each door. The whole lot is controlled by the "Comfort Control Module" which is located under the front left hand carpet. It's quite complex and there's no easy cheat that I can see looking at the diagram.

Regarding the short. Is it there even when the ignition switch is off?

If so there are 2 wires from the positive side of the battery, the thicker one goes directly to the starter motor and alternator, the wire bolted to the clamp feeds the rest of the cars electrics. If the short is there when the ignition is off try unbolting the second wire and holding it on the positive terminal with the clamped on one removed. If there's no short with just the bolted on one connected, then the central locking should work without even turning on the ignition.

Let me know how you get on.

0 0 0

5. Re: How to unlock passenger door without battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ianhayter View Post
    No trick that I'm aware of. The door locks consist of 4 micro switches and a motor which is driven from a controller in each door. The whole lot is controlled by the "Comfort Control Module" which is located under the front left hand carpet. It's quite complex and there's no easy cheat that I can see looking at the diagram.

Regarding the short. Is it there even when the ignition switch is off?

If so there are 2 wires from the positive side of the battery, the thicker one goes directly to the starter motor and alternator, the wire bolted to the clamp feeds the rest of the cars electrics. If the short is there when the ignition is off try unbolting the second wire and holding it on the positive terminal with the clamped on one removed. If there's no short with just the bolted on one connected, then the central locking should work without even turning on the ignition.

Let me know how you get on.
    It is shorted always and starts to melt under dashboard. I have to change wiring that is why I want to open doors. Can I give electricity only to certain wire in CCM to try unlocking doors? And certain wire to open trunk maybe?

0 0 0

6. Re: How to unlock passenger door without battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Afraid not, it's a CAN bus signal to each doors controller to lock and unlock. Not that it'll really help much, but the boot lock motor may well unlock if you apply power across pins 19 and 20 of the 23 pin connector on the CCM. I have no idea what polarity to lock or unlock though.
    Power to the door controllers is through fuses 37 and 38 and to the CCM through fuses 11 and 44, powering just these might bring the door locks to life but I make no promises.

0 0 0