Hello Everyone. Hoping I can get some help with this fault. The rear Window wiper has suddenly stopped working on my daughters A1 ?
So far, all Ive looked at is the corresponding fuse for the rear wiper motor, according to the handbook and the wiring diagram I have downloaded , the fuse is a 15 Amp fuse located in the " only " fuse carrier on the PASSENGER side of the car, - car is UK RHD , just thought I'd mention that. So, Ive put the fuse back. The rear washer DOES work though, and stops when the boot lid is not shut properly, - so as far as Im concerned , the boot switch is ok because when the boot is not shut properly, theres no rear washer function, and the dash shows BOOT OPEN !
so, back to the rear wiper motor, Ive studied the wiring diagram, and it looks like the 2 relays in the engine bay , refer only to the front wiper motor, maybe one for the motor, one for the intermittent, ? so I havent looked at them at all. So, its my guess that the REAR motor is switched from the stalk switch ?? and not via any relay - I dont know ?
The wiring diagram I have shows the rear wiper motor has 4 wire connections. - wire colours as follows
BROWN ( earth )
BLACK/ WHITE ( +12 volt feed from the 15 amp fuse passenger side fuse carrier )
GREEN/RED ( labelled 208 on wiring diagram )
GREEN/WHITE ( labelled 206 on wiring diagram )

So this is where I am at the moment, - I havent removed the boot trim to reveal the motor so I can do some checks. If I do, I intend to check the +12 volts is there from the the fuse and a good earth, dont know about the wires labelled 298 and 206, I guess they go to the stalk switch, assuming theres no relay involved. Im also hoping its not that complicated that the rear wiper function is not fed from an ECU of some sort .

Thats it so far and sorry for this detailed lengthy post , but thats all the info at the moment, Thanks for any ideas from you guys.