1. Return to the green pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Just been to collect my new A6 Avant 40 TFSi Sport to replace my 40TDi Sport. It is in Vesuvius Grey, hard to tell from black to be honest and probably why Audi has just dropped it from their options.

Will post in a few days about differences both from a 2019 to 2021 spec perspective and also from a diesel to petrol point of view. Initial observations are:
    The map graphics are different
    In D, it no longer displays the gear in the DIS, just displays D
    No jack in the spare wheel, well

Here are the obligatory pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 2 0

2. Return to the green pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Nice! My S7 is Vesuvius Grey too and I chose it to be different from all the Daytona and Black Audis on the road.

You’ll notice it had a nice sparkly quality in the sun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Return to the green pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Just been to collect my new A6 Avant 40 TFSi Sport to replace my 40TDi Sport. It is in Vesuvius Grey, hard to tell from black to be honest and probably why Audi has just dropped it from their options.

Will post in a few days about differences both from a 2019 to 2021 spec perspective and also from a diesel to petrol point of view. Initial observations are:
    The map graphics are different
    In D, it no longer displays the gear in the DIS, just displays D
    No jack in the spare wheel, well

Here are the obligatory pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Normally with OBD eleven or VCDS you can add gear display no problem but I think all from 2020 onwards there has been some additional security added which blocks access to OBD port...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Return to the green pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    So I have had the car a few days and managed to travel about 130 miles in it, so thought I would give some insight into the car and also the changes between the old and the new.

Overall I would say, an it is early days, that the petrol is slightly smoother than the diesel. In particular when coming back on the power after coasting or indeed running with the engine off, there is less of jerk as the power kicks back in. I am assuming this is probably down to the easier spinning nature of a petrol engine over a diesel. I have also noticed that the car gets into 7th at about 60mph, whereas the diesels only really got into 7th on the motorway doing 70. On a 60 mile trip, mostly on motorway, I saw an overall consumption of 38.7mpg, whereas in the diesel I would have anticipated 50mpg+ so there is no doubt this will use more fuel. Hopefully once the engine has loosened up I will be seeing over 40mpg.

Other points of note:

• The map graphics are different
    • In D, it no longer displays the gear in the DIS, just displays D
    • No jack in the spare wheel well
    • Lane Assist Deactivation switch is on the end of the Indictor Stalk, previously only there if you had Adaptive Cruise Control
    • Drivers Manual now comes in a cardboard slide in wrapper rather than a leather effect folder
    • No Personal Journey Assist in the sat nav
    • Screen resolution seems higher on the lower screen. Font for shortcuts much crisper
    • On filling up with Petrol (car only comes half full from dealer), Range is 400 miles compared to 700+ on the TDi. However the car has only done a very small number of miles so hopefully that will go up as it decides what the average mpg is
    • Radio has lost the programme guide feature but has added a more sophisticated search function (unless it was always there I just hadn't noticed it!)
    • Shortcut window on lower screen needs to be opened each time you start the car
    • Car now comes with Wireless CarPlay
    • There is no SIM or SD card slot
    • Still unable to use WiFi to connect car to phone, you have to use the car data plan, at least with a non rSAP phone. Means that after 3 years all connectivity ceases unless you either pay for it or have a phone that supports rSAP. Strange as our Golf 8 allows the car to hotspot to a phone, as did the Golf 7 before it, and override the built in eSIM, which is much more logical
    • Load bay cover now covers load bay once the tailgate has closed rather than covering as tailgate was closing. I also noticed that the sprung loaded clips at the borrow of the channel that the load cover runs down are gone. On my previous C8 one of these broke requiring the replacement of the D pillar trim
    • Switch to turn off interior monitoring for alarm is now in the MMI, it pops up when you switch off engine, rather than physical switch on door pillar
    • You get a registered user notification screen when you start the car, but driving away clears it so you do not need to press "continue" This screen also allows another driver to login to the car
    • The car seems to be set up for Alexa, however I have not managed to login to it yet and I suspect this may only be possible if you buy a data plan from Audi. There is a screen that pops up for a fraction of a second which may say this but it is so quick there is no chance to read it
    • The Ignition button is now gloss black
    • The tailgate opening from the key is now 2 quick presses of the button rather than a single long press

So that is all after 5 days and 130 miles. If I find anything else, I'll add to this and also once the car has done a few more miles report back on the fuel consumption difference

0 1 0

5. Re: Return to the green pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks for the write up.

Mine is a late 69 plate/ 20MY.

I have a few of the newer options mentioned above.

0 0 0

6. Re: Return to the green pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    So I have had the car a few days and managed to travel about 130 miles in it, so thought I would give some insight into the car and also the changes between the old and the new.

Overall I would say, an it is early days, that the petrol is slightly smoother than the diesel. In particular when coming back on the power after coasting or indeed running with the engine off, there is less of jerk as the power kicks back in. I am assuming this is probably down to the easier spinning nature of a petrol engine over a diesel. I have also noticed that the car gets into 7th at about 60mph, whereas the diesels only really got into 7th on the motorway doing 70. On a 60 mile trip, mostly on motorway, I saw an overall consumption of 38.7mpg, whereas in the diesel I would have anticipated 50mpg+ so there is no doubt this will use more fuel. Hopefully once the engine has loosened up I will be seeing over 40mpg.

Other points of note:

• The map graphics are different
    • In D, it no longer displays the gear in the DIS, just displays D
    • No jack in the spare wheel well
    • Lane Assist Deactivation switch is on the end of the Indictor Stalk, previously only there if you had Adaptive Cruise Control
    • Drivers Manual now comes in a cardboard slide in wrapper rather than a leather effect folder
    • No Personal Journey Assist in the sat nav
    • Screen resolution seems higher on the lower screen. Font for shortcuts much crisper
    • On filling up with Petrol (car only comes half full from dealer), Range is 400 miles compared to 700+ on the TDi. However the car has only done a very small number of miles so hopefully that will go up as it decides what the average mpg is
    • Radio has lost the programme guide feature but has added a more sophisticated search function (unless it was always there I just hadn't noticed it!)
    • Shortcut window on lower screen needs to be opened each time you start the car
    • Car now comes with Wireless CarPlay
    • There is no SIM or SD card slot
    • Still unable to use WiFi to connect car to phone, you have to use the car data plan, at least with a non rSAP phone. Means that after 3 years all connectivity ceases unless you either pay for it or have a phone that supports rSAP. Strange as our Golf 8 allows the car to hotspot to a phone, as did the Golf 7 before it, and override the built in eSIM, which is much more logical
    • Load bay cover now covers load bay once the tailgate has closed rather than covering as tailgate was closing. I also noticed that the sprung loaded clips at the borrow of the channel that the load cover runs down are gone. On my previous C8 one of these broke requiring the replacement of the D pillar trim
    • Switch to turn off interior monitoring for alarm is now in the MMI, it pops up when you switch off engine, rather than physical switch on door pillar
    • You get a registered user notification screen when you start the car, but driving away clears it so you do not need to press "continue" This screen also allows another driver to login to the car
    • The car seems to be set up for Alexa, however I have not managed to login to it yet and I suspect this may only be possible if you buy a data plan from Audi. There is a screen that pops up for a fraction of a second which may say this but it is so quick there is no chance to read it
    • The Ignition button is now gloss black
    • The tailgate opening from the key is now 2 quick presses of the button rather than a single long press

So that is all after 5 days and 130 miles. If I find anything else, I'll add to this and also once the car has done a few more miles report back on the fuel consumption difference
    Is it the case that the USB is now USB C?
    Is it possible to play music from a flash drive if connected via USB C?

0 0 0

7. Re: Return to the green pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robgr View Post
    Is it the case that the USB is now USB C?
    Is it possible to play music from a flash drive if connected via USB C?
    Yes now USB-C and as far as I know, though not tried it yet, you should be able to play for a flash drive

0 0 0

8. Re: Return to the green pump 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quick update. Car has now done 350miles! Makes you realise how much working from affects your car use. Still filled it up yesterday and the range is now showing 500 miles which is (as expected) an improvement from the initial fill. Means the car is averaging a little over 30mpg, which given most of my driving is short distances and I think Saturday was the first time I saw a journey average of over 40mpg, is not too bad. Hopefully it will get progressively better as the miles build, although I relaise I will never see diesel like numbers.

One thing I have noticed is that on my previous car (also a completley standard Sport model), if the stop/start had activated in a queue of traffic, the engine would automatically restart when the car in front moved. On this car that does not happen. Just wondering if others, with a recent build car, can confirm this is also the case with their car. Thinking Audi may have made changes to foreard sensing systems to stop it giving off random collision warning alerts, which were a part of everyday life in the old car.

0 0 0