Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all

Just bought a 2011 A6 2.0 tdi which is very nice indeed.

However, the sat nav SD card still says 2011 on it.

Is it possible to update this to a more modern version ?

Assuming so, is it a matter of downloading update or do I need to buy a new sd card from somewhere ?

Many thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 2011 sat nav update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Unfortunately one has to visit the dealer and pay an upgrade fee. This was the case for myself but others may be in a better position to advise.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 2011 sat nav update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Dealer only. Not cheap.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 2011 sat nav update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I have a 2014 A6, and was able to update the satnav when I bought it two years ago through an on-line company. They supplied me with SD cards and a CD at a cost of £120, and some exceedingly detailed instructions,and it all worked exactly as advertised. That company no longer appears to exist - no idea why - but I would hazard a guess that there are others that do the same. Obviously a great deal of care is required to ensure you don't get ripped off and get actual working kit, there are many "false" companies out there !!

An exceedingly quck search found these, no doubt other exist:

2020 Audi Sat Nav Update Discs | Map DVD

2020 Sat Nav Map Discs | Sat Nav Update

It would appear that prices have dropped dramatically !!
    2014 Audi A6 Allroad (C7, 245bhp)

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 2011 sat nav update 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    My 2015 didn't have an SD card in it when I bought it, I got a Ebay copy of a 2018 mapping and it worked straight off, although for all I know it could have just been a 2015 map as I had nothing to compare it too, but it didn't require authorising or linking to the car it just worked. I spoke to Audi and you could hear their little hands rubbing together as they told me about all the updates they would need to do to get it up to date. I am sticking with the 2018/15 hybrid map and just use Google Maps on my phone if I go anywhere new.

0 0 0