Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Am I being mugged of here ?

Despite car Being in good health and having extended warranty etc.. I have software update that I can pay for that may or may not fix the error

This fault message is outside my control, I can understand paying for "map" updates but I am trying to understand if I should pay for this and if Audi are slapping a sneaky charge here?

Has anyone had to pay for software updates for a fault that just one day starts and comes up intermittently?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Hey Sat, how are you doing (bar the error below)?

Seems very strange to me that they’d charge for the update if I’m honest but I’ve never come across this before.

Which extended warranty have you got? All Component Audi one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Hey Sat, how are you doing (bar the error below)?

Seems very strange to me that they’d charge for the update if I’m honest but I’ve never come across this before.

Which extended warranty have you got? All Component Audi one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Nemo

Long time...

Tapatalk App wasn't installed on new phone...

Same dramas different day here, Thanks for asking, hope all good well your end too ...

Had the ALL COMPONENTS one in place ...,

I have just hit 'no thanks' on it now in the Audi Cam bit after chatting to the lady as she keeps telling me Audi charge them for software updates.

I had no issue paying it, but it just doesn't really make sense to me, considering the car has been mostly sat on the driveway with minimal use.

Audi had updated some emissions stuff in June 2020 in by the winter we starting getting these randomly flash on VC when you start the vehicle

I really don't understand why consumers have to fork out for random update to fix something that's not been physical changed in any way, it's not like it's a TESLA, and If were a tesla I'm sure there would be some element of free automatic updates

Anyways ..

I really hope that's is it's not something worse

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Anyone know what email we can use to write directly to Audi? , Is it just the Audi executive email?

Thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I was getting exactly the same issue when the car was being driven maybe ones every 2 weeks. Since wife went back to work and it's getting a regular run I haven't seen it.

This is my take and its not based on any evidence but observations. Since the second lockdow Audi franchised have been desperately trying everything to drive up revenue and I question whether this is another easy way to generate pure profit. A general rule of software is you sell/charge for upgrades and new functions but give away patches which fix bugs. Given the fault is all in the software it's a bug not a new feature (unless the upgrade just disabled the check but that a whole new can of worms) so should be for free.

1 0 0

6. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    I was getting exactly the same issue when the car was being driven maybe ones every 2 weeks. Since wife went back to work and it's getting a regular run I haven't seen it.

This is my take and its not based on any evidence but observations. Since the second lockdow Audi franchised have been desperately trying everything to drive up revenue and I question whether this is another easy way to generate pure profit. A general rule of software is you sell/charge for upgrades and new functions but give away patches which fix bugs. Given the fault is all in the software it's a bug not a new feature (unless the upgrade just disabled the check but that a whole new can of worms) so should be for free.
    Exactly

I #absolutely #totally #wholeheartedly agree

An it's exactly what I explained to them Service Rep!

It makes no sense..

The part about when car started to function correctly afterwards had me giggles..

Let's hope it's the same for me then and it's just as well I declined the "so-called" software fix

Thanks for sharing..
    Rgds

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Looks like I will need to stop paying for extended warranties after this 5th year on this car and and maybe consider 3rd part e.g warrantywise.. and even stop taking it to Audi possibly now after the next service ...

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I’ve had the same error messages when the car isn’t used for a while and the battery is low. After after a long drive or regular use the error doesn’t come back.

So my take on this error is that somehow it gets triggered when battery level is low or lower than normal charge condition.

0 1 0

9. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    That's interesting.. kinda fits and makes sense..

but we still used the car just not as frequently is what confusing + don't see how customers have to pay for these errors for software updates that MAY OR MAY NOT FIX it ai...

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Parking Brake Error - Just comes up randomly at start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    On another note...

Anybody have Audi charge them a technician fee for getting stuff like checked? £120 +VAT

They waived it this time.. I thought if you have paid for extended warranties and routine checks they normally don't charge..

I guess AUDI do need to find income more sources..

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast