1. DPF regen cycle information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Recently, with only local driving my car (2.0TDI 150) seems to have got stuck in failed DPF regen cycle loop.

Presumably a computer tells DPF to regen after a certain mileage/% of soot in DPF and it will start when engine is up to temperature.

Most of my recent journeys have been 15-30 mins so engine warns up but regen cycle does not have time to complete.

Does anyone know the answer to any of the following;

1. Can you view instant fuel consumption and how? This is the best way to see when a regen is in progress.

2. How long does a regen cycle take on these cars?

3. Can ODBeleven tell you how long since last successful regen and any other helpful information?

Took the car out for a 25 mile blast on fast A roads and a Motorway (engine already at temp). Afterwards there was no fan noise to indicate a failed regen unlike the two previous occasions earlier today. Just need to check somehow that it completed.

Since Covid 19 diesel cars make even less sense. It was still fun to boot it which I have barely done since it was remapped last year.

Almost starting to consider a DPF delete but if I do I will buy a scrap one to gut and keep the original.

0 0 0

2. Re: DPF regen cycle information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    I'd like to say you probably got no probs, the system kinda takes care of itself and throws a light if and when there is a problem. You can sometimes catch it doing a regen and it has happened to me many many miles ago that in one spate a few times the fan would be running when I parked up, and naturally one does assume an imminent failure. However that is not necessarily the case. I've not noticed mine doing a regen for years now, and it's the original.

So my advice would be to do nothing and do nothing extra if you notice it doing a regen. It will sort itself next time you drive or the time after

Its a well monitored system and does a fantastic job of saving the cars behind you of receiving a generous dose of diesel soot. Dpf is one of the best additions the anti pollution legislation has brought. I see some cars and vans and think you need a retrofitted dpf

1 1 0

3. Re: DPF regen cycle information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Not used obdeleven but the same dongle (true elm327) that runs obdeleven can run a dpf app that is available. The dpf specific app shows all the information about regens including when one is in progress.

However in my opinion it's not actually needed but if you diy all your repairs like myself you will want to have access to something that can show the relevant data for troubleshooting. The dpf is rarely at fault itself, its always an associated system eg EGR valve, throttle body, early exhaust leak etc

0 0 0

4. Re: DPF regen cycle information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks for the above. I was not particularly worried but after about 5-6 aborted regens then you start to think about it a bit. Like you say it's OK at present. I have no warning lights.

I will do I bit more digging on OBDeleven forums to see what it can tell me.

0 0 0

5. Re: DPF regen cycle information 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverfan View Post
    Its a well monitored system and does a fantastic job of saving the cars behind you of receiving a generous dose of diesel soot. Dpf is one of the best additions the anti pollution legislation has brought. I see some cars and vans and think you need a retrofitted dpf
    If, since EU5 Diesel emissions regulations came in, DPF’s and EGR’s had not been illegally removed from tens of millions of cars, the anti ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) lobby would not have so much official air pollution statistical evidence with which to justify the petrol/Diesel ban which will force new car buyers into a technology that won’t make the slightest difference to world wide man made CO2 emissions.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0