Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    There are only a few weeks left for the petition to at least reach the level for a government response, please help to make that happen by signing the petition

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/556842
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 3 0

2. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Done
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

1 1 0

3. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    What is really puzzling me is the apathy and either resigned acceptance or actually agreeing with it in such large numbers, I simply don’t understand why people want them.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I thought I signed this the first time round... yep just got an email saying so already done. I hope it gets up to the 10000 currently at 9104.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve
    2014 Passat Estate
    Executive Style
    2.0 TDI Bluemotion
    Tungsten Silver

1 1 0

5. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    What is really puzzling me is the apathy and either resigned acceptance or actually agreeing with it in such large numbers, I simply don’t understand why people want them.
    I don't want petrol or diesel to be banned but my understanding is it took the earth Millions of years to make oil and oil is running out fast. So onto electric we go. If the auto industry does go all electric before we run out that would be better

0 0 0

6. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverfan View Post
    I don't want petrol or diesel to be banned but my understanding is it took the earth Millions of years to make oil and oil is running out fast. So onto electric we go. If the auto industry does go all electric before we run out that would be better
    OFFTOPIC:

Interesting opionion. Just for curiousity, what do you think, where from the electriciy coming in the darkest night, and when the wind doesn't blow? In China and Germany, the electric car madness is the most economic disaster ever, as this "green" cars are powered by coal. Not the best coal but any coal and trash from the demolished cities, anything which burns, from anywere, in any form. Burn it but hide it from your eyes with the "green effect".

Germany even build a huge natural gas pipeline to Russia to let their new "green" gas powerplants create some more electricity for their current electronic cars. Such a world saving idea? Funny. Let me see their propaganda: Ban Russia! We hate Russia! Oh, wait, pssst... we need their gas. Ok, so let the others be yelling out loud, while we will make the business in the silent. We should double the import, and then maybe there will be no complete blackout, or an industrial shut down. We can do it! Yes we can! This is great. Not too green, but who cares, the dummies - you know, the silly ones, who are called as citizens when the elections are coming - will pay the bill.

Anyway, this is just the very top of the rabbit's hole. If you look closer, then you will see, that some minerals which are required for this electric cars are far less, than the oil surplus which is enough for year centuries. There is not enough minerals on the Entire planet to replace all the fossil cars with the current "electric" cars. Even the current need for this kind of minerals ruins the remain intact nature in Africa. But never mind, it's not our homeland, who cares about the american-european-chinese colonies? What a pity, the idea was so cool to destroy the far-far away countries to support our GREEN ultimate-god mode. What a shame that we share the same planet. Let's divide the Earth! Nice idea! Let's discuss it with the Vogons, at least they could build their new "non-electric" intergalactic highway.

However, and until then, we should face that the electric cars have far more and worse emission, so will they ruin our planet far more then any fossil based car in the history. Let me think! Will they replace the fossil buses, the transport, the ships which are the MOST worst for the environment? NO WAY! Even if we could replace all the personal cars on Earth to electic ones, it will have no effect for the environment, as the ammount of the total Co2 of all of these cars are almost invisible compared to the economy's total CO2 emission. All the rest is politics.

Whatever you think, always calculate the TCO, because that's what we have to look for even in the environment area. A fossil based car could run for 20 years (nowadays not so much, but for sure more then 10 years). However almost NONE of the electric cars will run more then 10 years. Maybe a half of these will run for more then five years. And what will you do with the battery pacs after this period? By this simple calculation you could see, that you have to manufacture twice(!) as much electric cars to let these have the same life cycle as a fossil car. Is it good for the Earth? No. It's good for the profit. This is the GREEN PROFIT. Double selling, double the profit! Don't forget, none of the governments will spent their corrupt money for the sake of the people! They will order the people pay for something, which is not good for them, but good for the ones, who supports the governments.

The rest is a fairy tail A real nice, sugar based, good smelling fantasy, but nothing else.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

7. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    OFFTOPIC:

Interesting opionion. Just for curiousity, what do you think, where from the electriciy coming in the darkest night, and when the wind doesn't blow? In China and Germany, the electric car madness is the most economic disaster ever, as this "green" cars are powered by coal. Not the best coal but any coal and trash from the demolished cities, anything which burns, from anywere, in any form. Burn it but hide it from your eyes with the "green effect".

Germany even build a huge natural gas pipeline to Russia to let their new "green" gas powerplants create some more electricity for their current electronic cars. Such a world saving idea? Funny. Let me see their propaganda: Ban Russia! We hate Russia! Oh, wait, pssst... we need their gas. Ok, so let the others be yelling out loud, while we will make the business in the silent. We should double the import, and then maybe there will be no complete blackout, or an industrial shut down. We can do it! Yes we can! This is great. Not too green, but who cares, the dummies - you know, the silly ones, who are called as citizens when the elections are coming - will pay the bill.

Anyway, this is just the very top of the rabbit's hole. If you look closer, then you will see, that some minerals which are required for this electric cars are far less, than the oil surplus which is enough for year centuries. There is not enough minerals on the Entire planet to replace all the fossil cars with the current "electric" cars. Even the current need for this kind of minerals ruins the remain intact nature in Africa. But never mind, it's not our homeland, who cares about the american-european-chinese colonies? What a pity, the idea was so cool to destroy the far-far away countries to support our GREEN ultimate-god mode. What a shame that we share the same planet. Let's divide the Earth! Nice idea! Let's discuss it with the Vogons, at least they could build their new "non-electric" intergalactic highway.

However, and until then, we should face that the electric cars have far more and worse emission, so will they ruin our planet far more then any fossil based car in the history. Let me think! Will they replace the fossil buses, the transport, the ships which are the MOST worst for the environment? NO WAY! Even if we could replace all the personal cars on Earth to electic ones, it will have no effect for the environment, as the ammount of the total Co2 of all of these cars are almost invisible compared to the economy's total CO2 emission. All the rest is politics.

Whatever you think, always calculate the TCO, because that's what we have to look for even in the environment area. A fossil based car could run for 20 years (nowadays not so much, but for sure more then 10 years). However almost NONE of the electric cars will run more then 10 years. Maybe a half of these will run for more then five years. And what will you do with the battery pacs after this period? By this simple calculation you could see, that you have to manufacture twice(!) as much electric cars to let these have the same life cycle as a fossil car. Is it good for the Earth? No. It's good for the profit. This is the GREEN PROFIT. Double selling, double the profit! Don't forget, none of the governments will spent their corrupt money for the sake of the people! They will order the people pay for something, which is not good for them, but good for the ones, who supports the governments.

The rest is a fairy tail A real nice, sugar based, good smelling fantasy, but nothing else.
    I agree, we are consuming too much unsustainably from the Earth. We are going from one disaster (using the stocks of oil) to another (even higher CO product). Its a really difficult situation.
    Instead of using up all the oil I do prefer to try something else, and leave some for future generations. On the positive side with Profit comes innovation. When the need is there the Daimler Chrysler AG's will once again be forced into their research and development complexes and today's batteries may be modified for a more sustainable solution.

0 0 0

8. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    When the need is there the Daimler Chrysler AG's will once again be forced into their research and development complexes and today's batteries may be modified for a more sustainable solution.
    Yes it's plausible.

However IMHO the very first should be to think about our lifestyle, and check this in all the aspects. First, we have to understand that the most destructive thing for Earth's nature is the advanced economy. Too much fliing for fun, too much transit for unecessary goods, too much meat just for fun - for the 10% of the human kind. Only the large recreation cruise ships consumpts so much fossil and emitts so much Co2 than the entire road based trafic in the European Union. Let's see the pandemic, what we saw? We can live at home with far less travelling and imported goods. And even it was awful in some aspect, however we have seen, it's a plausible thing to live in a far less agressive form. To talk about cars powering is not a solution but a fake news to hide the truth:

As long as we want to live the same lifestyle, untul then we can't get a solution, becaue we use twice as much resources as the Earth can give us. Take a look on the "Earth Overshoot Day" and cry. Now summarise all of these things in a simple way: The "GREEN" idea is nothing more, than the ideology that we can live our lifes as is now, or even more like this - which is a lie. IMHO, one of the most disgusting idea in the last ten years politics is, that our lifestyle can be maintened and improved without lowering the top one percent peoples needs. Even if we could solve the zero emission in the personal road traffic, we will still have more consumption that the Earth can mantain.

So for me it's a far better thing today to use fossil or nuclear energy, becuse these will remind us, that our lifestyele is not sustainable. To hide the truth behind a new religion for the youth is a real danger as the last generation consumpted far less then the new generation wants. And what the youngs wants is exactly the same, what the Profit wants. Case closed, the green idea is nothing more then the new religion to let the newborn generation believe in the capitalism's main idea: the trees can grow up to the sky, the debt and the consumption could rise year by year in an exponently increased way.

This is the religion of the Profit in this case:

Invent!->double the prices of the new cars->do more harm to Earth->create more debt->let the youngs feel that they cannot live without these kind of new things->let them feel that they can live far better then their ancestors->they will buy these things->no more upsells?->change the Profit's religion!->push the media to let the people feel inconfortable->expand their fears from the future->Invent... cycle closed.

Therefore I don't believe this kind of fake religions, and therefore I drive the less harmful engine for the Earth - a diesel Audi
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

9. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Diesel rules...

20210304_154644.jpg
    Attached Images

0 2 0

10. Re: Petrol and Diesel ban 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The way I see it is we don't need electric cars to stop transport usage generation of Carbon Dioxide; we could start the process of reducing Internal Combustion Engine generated CO2 much sooner, faster, cheaper and more efficiently by using a blend of second generation Bio fuel (ONLY made from waste, not food stock which is perverse), Synthetic fuel made using renewable electricity plus crude oil, then gradually reduce the crude oil content as synthetic and Gen2 Bio fuel production progressed to the point we could have a blend of Synthetic and biofuel without any change in infrastructure or consumption methods whilst actually consuming Carbon Dioxide during its production; arguably something impossible for electric vehicle use to achieve. This fuel could then be distributed and consumed using the infrastructure and technology we have spent the last 150 years developing. Scientists are desperately looking to improve battery technology which isn't guaranteed to be a success and others are looking into how to store excess “green” electricity to even out the supply as currently () at times of low power consumption, renewably sourced electricity generation potential is going to waste as it cannot be stored, converting renewable energy into an easily stored and distributed liquid surely makes sense? At the same time, electric cars can still be developed and sold where the market will be able to make up its own mind and if they are better than the ICE using synthetic fuel they will sell themselves, not requiring undemocratic ham fisted legislation forced on us by a few shouting heads and another one that whispers in the PM's ear... please Miss Symonds, can Boris have his balls back please?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast