Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi all,

I just acquired a 2005 seat cordoba 1.4 tdi, i have a couple of electric issues as follows.

1. Driver side window front was open approx 1 inch when i bought the car. The switch is in a bad way but i can operate the inside with a screwdriver. The motor makes a clicking sound but doesn't move at all even when removed from the mechanism. The window went up wnd down in my hand so Is this wiring or motor?

2. The rear window driver side doesn't work from the master switch or its own switch, no clicking either when switches are used. Wiring?

3. The passenger window wont go up from the master switch but will go down, goes up and down off its own switch fine though.

3. The central locking locks all doors but only unlocks the drivers door. They all make noise when the unlock is pressed but only the drivers door opens. The rest have to be opened from the inside. Also when the car is stopped after driving it automatically locks the doors! Where shoud i start with this fault?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Seat cordoba with some electric issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That has a computerised convenience system which should have faults stored which will help in the diagnosis plus the operation of switches and signals can be viewed in Measuring Blocks.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Seat cordoba with some electric issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks crasher, i have to get a decent vag com really, i will look for broken wires in door and things in the mean time.

Can you help me with some part numbers?

My vin VSSZZZ6LZ4R149266.

My heat exchanger is fractured as the rivet supporting the two alu pipes snapped off. It has been badly looped by a man that's profession must have been a butcher! I bought it without realising that it was this way.

I need both rubber hoses, the aluminium pipes, two orings. I have hear exchanger ordered non 0.E.

But matching number
    6Q0 819 031 cross to frigair 0610.2010

So far i have

6Q0 121 157 AT (feed)
    6Q0 121 073 AE (return)
    N 908 905 01 (x2)
    Are these correct? I dont know the number for the metal pipes if you can help me there?

My pipe has 6Q0 064P GB ?

I also need a new window motor the O.E sticker was missing from it so im guessing here that its.
    6Q2 959 801A

Finally is there a difference in window motor between RHD and LHD as my cars right hand drive.

Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: Seat cordoba with some electric issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    6Q0 819 031 is the correct heater core and your two hoses are correct. The window motor is 6Q1 959 801 A 001 but is a VIP (Vehicle Intelligent Part) that when ordered new has to be ordered using the VIN and at £335 in the UK it is not a cheap part, yes right and left hand rive are different.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Seat cordoba with some electric issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I rang my local seat, the feed hose is unavailable.
    return hose €9.06+ Vat
    The metal pipes €94.37+ vat
    O rings €2.92+ vat
    Window motor €322+ vat

Im going to try source a few bits second hand i might be able to salvage my metal pipes buy removing broken rivet and slotting it for a bolt to slide in.

On the window motor does 6Q1 801 A001 correspond to all rhd cordoba models or do i need to make sure i get that number to ensure it fits my car?

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Seat cordoba with some electric issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The 001 part is what VAG refer to as a colour code for some odd reason, I would be wary of a used unit as the software in the controller could be wrong, they don't usually get instant about this on door motors so there must be a good reason.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Seat cordoba with some electric issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Would it be possible to use my own controller with the second hand motor? I assume that part of mine is ok

0 0 0

8. Re: Seat cordoba with some electric issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I don’t know, I don’t work that way. Having to charge £70 and hour and warranty all my work for two years I have to get the job done as fast as possible and know it is going to work and keep working, DIY work has significantly different pressures to working for customers.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Seat cordoba with some electric issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Agreed i used to work in an indy garage the pressure didnt suit me!

my vag com gave me these faults 01598 low battery
    01336 data bus comfort system

00966 indicator blinker fuse

i have fitted a window motor it works anyway.
    i still have no rear window function.

0 0 0