1. First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've been contacted by my local dealer to book my car in for a first service in June, as apparently it will be due an oil change - petrol Style.

From reading around, the Golf 8 8 is on a 24 month service schedule but I'm not sure if this includes oil changes. The car itself states 15300 miles before an oil change or 317 days, which adds to my confusion.

Wanted to check if anyone else has experience of this?

Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    2 service regimes, fixed time based (12 months or 9000 miles) or variable activity based when the car decides when it needs a service. Activity based is only wise if you are doing high miles (we wish in the current climate!) If you bought the service plan when you got the car then you should be on the Fixed schedule. That said I bought it for ours and the car is showing oil change and service due next year. I will be contacting the garage in June to get it serviced and the car put on the right regime

0 0 0

3. Re: First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Our car (and the WeConnect app) is showing a remaining mileage / remaining time to first service which works out as 20,000 miles or 2 years from new. I’m wondering if this is a mistake. To be honest, I think I’d prefer a oil change at 10,000 miles / 1 year. And anyway, I’ve bought the service plan which covers two services and was actually expecting this to last for just two years.

What did your dealer say when you told him about the time remaining as indicated by the car?
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

4. Re: First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I also bought the 2 service plan - the Dealership had a notification from We Connect advising it was coming up to 1 year.

My service advisor I spoke to said it should still come in regardless of what the infotainment service schedule states, which is a bit counterintuitive in my opinion. It's a strange conversation with them... Service, hello sir your Golf is due a service, me, it says I have 1 year and 15k miles until the service or oil change, service, it should still come in anyway.

My partner's 1.5 petrol A1 is on a 24 month service schedule which includes the oil change, which is partly why I found it strange the service advisor was adamant it needs to come In.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

0 1 0

5. Re: First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    If you have the service plan it requires you to be on the fixed service schedule as it oly lasts for 2 years and gives you an oil service after one year and a full service after 2.

The below is from the Ts&Cs on the VW website regarding the service plan

Phaeton and electric models excluded. Touareg Service Plan available for £18.25 per month. Valid until 30/06/21. Service plan covers first two consecutive services (limited to 1x oil service and 1x oil and inspection service). Terms and conditions apply. We recommend cars should be set to the fixed service regime by the Volkswagen Authorised Repairer. Maximum age of car is 12 months (must be taken out before first service is due). Additional work, including wear and tear is excluded. Servicing must be carried out in line with the requirement of the service schedule. All work must be carried out at a Volkswagen Authorised Repairer. Offers may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Plan validity is dependent on required payments received. Administered by Volkswagen Financial Services, Freepost Volkswagen Financial Services

I think that what has happened to many (myself included) is that dealers, in preparing cars for delivery in these strange times, have simply forgoten to set the car's service regime to the right one when a service plan has been included as part of the deal.

0 1 0