Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

So as of today car has a couple of issues x1 is SW but the other may not be.

Nothing major, but still error messages flagged.

As mentioned before, due to COVID car is not getting used.

Last time I used it was around 7 days ago & again today.

First error/ maybe not an error. Just Audi not filling the adblue

On starting the car, I'm sure it flashed up saying adblue needed topping up. I never managed to see how many actual miles it said I had left. Car has only just gone over 5000 miles & is 2 yrs old October. I'm pretty sure on my last Audi 10-12k was the norm before it needed topping up.

Been home around 5 hrs & restarted the car to see if it flagged again, which it never.

Second error SW low tyre pressure.

Not sure how the car could know this as the car was stationary, and not a true TPMS that records actual tyre pressure per wheel. I did then proceed to check all tyres which were correct & reset the tyres.

I also looked in the menus for adblue, but could not be found.

0 0 0

2. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Do you have Audi Connect? If so, install the app on your phone and you’ll be able to check the estimated mileage for adBlue on there… see the attachment because it won’t let me drop the image in for some reasonIMG_0631.jpg

Obviously, this always says >1493 miles unless you dip under it.

For reference, my S7 has used whatever Audi put in it plus another full container and a half from a garage/Halfords to get me to the ~16000 miles I am at now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I’ve just realised that image is real potato quality so try this oneIMG_0631.jpg

0 0 0

4. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Actually, that one could be just as bad, sorry

0 1 0

5. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    The Adblue remaining miles is shown in the My.Audi app and the Mu.Audi webportal, but it may just be that it had a momentary error due tot he car not being used. From new (I assume the Adblue tank was full) my car did 10775 miles bfore it asked for more adblue. I put in 10l and in the following 7000 miles have not had an alert, however it may that unknown to me the dealer topped it up when they recently serviced the car (it is not a standard service item and it is not on the invoice). On my C7 2.0 Ultra I used to get about 7000 miles for each 10l top up, so I think the C8 is more efficient in using AdBlue.

Regarding tyre pressures. The car compares the relative tyre speeds of each wheel to determine in one is rotating more differently, indicating over or under inflation. Again may have been an issue with the car being stationary or one of the tyres being in the sun and warming up more than the others

0 2 0

6. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks guys.

The cars OSR tyre was in the sun, so maybe that was it.

Sorry, but the image I cannot read.

0 0 0

7. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    My tyre pressure warning comes on every few months. Just visually check the tyres and reset now. On the C7 it was definitely more stable. I got about 13000 miles before my adblue warning came on. I have put in 20l and am now at 22k - Audi did offer to top up at the service but I declined as I still had 5l sitting at home. The other issue we have is the car doesn't start if it has been sitting for a few days. You have to push the brake pedal hard to get the ignition to activate.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

8. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    My tyre pressure warning comes on every few months. Just visually check the tyres and reset now. On the C7 it was definitely more stable. I got about 13000 miles before my adblue warning came on. I have put in 20l and am now at 22k - Audi did offer to top up at the service but I declined as I still had 5l sitting at home. The other issue we have is the car doesn't start if it has been sitting for a few days. You have to push the brake pedal hard to get the ignition to activate.

There is a TSB for a hard brake pedal causing difficulty starting (see link below). It's worth calling your dealer and mentioning it.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...87578-0001.pdf

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 2 0

9. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Thanks, I'll mention that next time I am in.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

10. Re: New SW Issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    There is a TSB for a hard brake pedal causing difficulty starting (see link below). It's worth calling your dealer and mentioning it.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...87578-0001.pdf

Cheers!

MF.
    Thanks for this.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast