Hi all, the mrs has got herself a 172 reg split headlight octavia 1.6 tdi. 115bhp? I think.

Anyways it wasn't a main dealer purchase but an indy garage. Its not due an Nct here until july I believe. Traded in her basket case 2010 passat and gave €10000 plus €200 for additional warranty.

First off dealer said it would be serviced before purchasing so I asked dealer to replace two tyres, rear pads as they are fairly low.

He rang about a week later said car ready for collection. I had about 4 hours sleep in two days so was in no form to go through the car and took him at his word that everything was replaced.

So after a decent nights sleep she went off and washed the car, when she got back i had a look over the car both rear tyres were the same low thread ones from before and the rear pads were also not done.

Checked the car for oil it was full but manky and i know diesel engines will have the oil kinda dirty even after a service but it dont have that thinned out dirtyish look if ye get me.so it looks like the interval was reset on the dash but nothing actually done. Also one of the dipped beam headlight bulbs was completely missing!!

Now the last thing is there is a noise from the front left when turning left more notably if the surface isn't perfectly even. Almost sounds like a top mount to me but im not sure.

Apart from that the car drives well no warning lights on dash decent performance ect.

What should i look for on the suspension on these that causes this noise?

I think its on a longlife service interval it says 30000km until next service. He said the timing belt isnt due until 180km theres 140km on it now.

Any common issues i should look for?
What oil/filter would be recommended or should i just get them at the dealers? i was thinking of shorten the interval to 15000km and do one myself and when the 30000km one comes up get skoda to do a service for the service book to help keep the cars history upto date.

Thanks