Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to add another few weird things ive noticed so far:

-If I floor it in a relatively high gear, for example around 14-1500 RPM in 4th or 5th gear, the entire car starts shaking bad and "forces" me to let go off the throttle and downshift.. If I floor it at 2k RPM, no shaking and loads of NM. Why?! I`m sure this has to do with the tuning software, COULD be a sort of "overprotection" system to prevent damage to the flywheel or whatever. It still confuses me and doesnt make any sense.

-The engine rpm speed seems to change. When I cold start the engine it might idle at 1k rpm and drop to around 8-900rpm when its at operating temps but other times it stays at 1k all the time. Is that normal? I also noticed you cant rev the engine above 3K RPM when stationary/in neutral but as far as I can understand thats a euro5 (or 6) emission requirement or whatever and is perfectly normal.
    (I read the other day that overfilling the engine (most likely as the previous owner did) could blow a seal in the turbo. But because of the inconsistency of my smoke issue I dont think it could be related to the turbo OR the turbo whine I hear.. Right?

-When the engine decides to start pouring out smoke its usually worst at 1400-2K RPM, at slower speeds and with low load on the engine. If I go past 2/2.5K RPM the smoke clears up quickly..
    My VAG scanner tool didnt seem to pick up any information about EGR/DPF systems so I`ll have to get help from a friend with a better tool to get a proper look at the DPF soot levels/regens.......

This car is ******* me off already and I`ve only had it for two weeks.....OUGHH....It also has some weird knocking noises coming from the front end of the supspension and a central lock in the driver door that died a few days ago...As well as a dead window lifting mechanism... ****!!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Have you blanked off the disabled EGR yet ?

If the EGR is partially stuck open it will be trying to quench any DPF regen, & could well be causing the smoke.

0 0 0

3. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    it might idle at 1k rpm and drop to around 8-900rpm when its at operating temps but other times it stays at 1k all the time. Is that normal
    it can be normal, I do not know the full list of things which can trigger it but heaters on with low outside temps is one of them. On mine if you turn off blower and blip the accelerator the idle returns to normal until you turn on blowers again depending on outside temps.

The turbo seems suspect, and if its letting out too much oil, it will reach the combustion chamber at spurious times. Take off your boost pipe (have a plan to replace o ring / gaskets otherwise you'll end up with a right mess ) check for excessive oil, although there is always some oil in there. Check turbo for excessive movement/condition.

In my opinion, I am a delivery driver and hobbyist diyer, I am not suspecting the dpf on your car. It seems to be coping quiet well if you are getting oil burning

0 0 0

4. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I havent blanked the EGR yet, so will have to order a blanking plate. The only issue is the thickness of the plate itself. How many mms should it be? Wouldnt putting on a too thick blanking plate cause issues with the piping going to the EGR from the exhaust side?

I uploaded a little video on Youtube that I think caught the turbo noise pretty well at about 0:12. The video was taken at idle, 2-3 minutes after cold starting at 7°C

2.0 TDI CBDC Engine turbo noise? - YouTube

Roverfan, I agree that the smoke doesnt have to be related to the DPF, but if the turbo leaks oil that eventually goes into the combustion chamber, I think it will mess up the DPF at some point.

I also remember my old passat b6 did that idle thing some times but it was more consistent and usually always idle`d at around 800RPM.

0 0 0

5. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well so the car just threw a flashing glowplug light in the dash and I scanned it.
    P2127 Accelerator Position sensor 2-G185:Low
    To me it sound like the throttle body needs cleaning/replacing...

Will this give me limp mode or can I keep driving it for a few more days? I Drove the car for a few minutes only when the trouble code occured and also noticed the idle rpm was down to 800rpm all the time and there was less vibrations in the car when stationary...

I also found a P0671 Cylinder 1 Glowplug circuit-Q10:Electrical fault. This has to be fixable with putting in a new glow plug, right?

I already regret buying another TDI, shouldve gone with petrol :P

0 0 0

6. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The G185 is in the accelerator pedal along with the G79 and these give a 0>100% and 100>0% cross over signal of the accelerator position, these suffer from water damage when shoes with snow on melt over them... pretty stupid idea from VAG of putting the sensor on the floor in the first place!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    Listened to your Youtube video & can hear a feint zing type noise at 12 secs.

Sounds like it could be the turbine blades just kissing the housing.

Think I would want to inspect the turbo before running the engine any more.

Regarding the EGR blanking plate, any small piece of flat steel/ aluminium can be fashioned easily to slip between the EGR pipe & block, then bolted back up.
    It's easiest to fit where the EGR pipe exits the block at the front of the engine, a 10 minute job.

0 0 0

8. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. So I need a new accelerator pedal. Or maybe just a new sensor if its possible to replace it.
    The car is now limited to 3k RPM and has way less HP than it did before this happened. Im still able to do 120km/h easily. The engine feels way more refined now, idles at a lower RPM which also actually eliminated the turbo noise I had at idle. The worst is that the smoke is completely gone (so far).
    Really weird...

0 0 0

9. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Just fit a new pedal...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Chiptuned Golf 6 CBDC 2.0TDI smokes badly for periods 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. I will.