1. Thumbs up Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello everyone, my name is Simon and I would like to introduce myself as a new member of the C6 forum.

I currently drive a 2007 A6 2.0tdi Avant (C6) its bog standard (because why not :-)) its FSH, 134K and in decent shape. Its in Akoya Silver also and I think its just the SE model. What does that actually mean anyway???

It has Satnav, so the upgraded DIS version, Cruise, 6 CD changer, 2G MMI High, and the usual elec windows, mirrors etc.

I also have VCDS (unlimited - Hex+Can USB) and have activated the hidden menu and battery level etc.

The reason I have joined, is to hopefully help people like me who want to tinker and sensibly mess around with their car. I service my own car when required and don't mind doing the timing belt either, its quite therapeutic. Not done a clutch and flywheel yet, but I reckon that's a delight!

I have recently retrofitted AMI Most with Bluetooth into my car, with the appropriate looping fibers and power cables. I can now make calls and receive calls via my speakers and the MMI screen shows my contacts etc. But when I attempt to connect my phone to play music (Iphone 11) is says that my device may not be connected properly or something. (Sorry cant remember the exact phrase)

Any thoughts? Oh, I live near Middlesborough in the good ole' North East of England. If anyone wants any VCDS help (not that I'm an experienced user, but if you are, your more than welcome to borrow it for the price of a cuppa and a chat (because why not) and I will be glad to assist.

Nuff said, I would love to hear your thoughts on the AMI issue and hope to hear from you all soon.

Cheers

Simon

0 0 0

2. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Engine code ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Hello Simon and welcome, with some MOST functionality I have found VCDS is not able to set the new units up. A few weeks ago I installed a new radio unit in the boot of a Touareg and this happens to be the same unit used in the A4 and A6; the only way I could get it to work was to use the dealer system ODIS and this included the VIN protection.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

4. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Engine code ?
    Its the BRE variant, the one with the oil pump issue, not sure if mine has been sorted mind.

Thanks

0 1 0

5. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Hello Simon and welcome, with some MOST functionality I have found VCDS is not able to set the new units up. A few weeks ago I installed a new radio unit in the boot of a Touareg and this happens to be the same unit used in the A4 and A6; the only way I could get it to work was to use the dealer system ODIS and this included the VIN protection.
    Thanks for the info, ive actually kinda sorted it, for the moment it only recognises USB, Im assuming this is because of the cable currently being used in the AMI? I have ordered a bluetooth dongle cable from fleabay to check if this fixes the issue.

I will update when it arrives and let you know.

So, as I have 2G MMI High, what are the limitations and apart from the obvious of retrofitting other Audi modules, is there anything else you can do with this setup?

Also, my sat nav doesnt locate satelites, this is probably because water somehow got in there, does anyone know where or how the water gets in?

I tend to waffle, so bear with, where can I add myself as a VCDS helper?

Many thanks again and thanks for the welcome.

Simon

0 0 0

6. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Simon, can you share some pictures of the car?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

7. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    For your viewing pleasure (If there is such a thing! :-) )

A6.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Welcome Simon. I’m not too far from you. I’m just outside Billingham.

I have a 2008 S6 Avant as my pride and joy for last year. Been slowly getting it back into shape and just today got it through it’s MOT after failing it’s emissions last week. It was the front flexi pipes which are blown and Audi wanted nearly 3 grand to replace (as it needs the engine dropped). In end took it to a garage in Middlesbrough and got all 4 flexi pipes cut out, replaced, along with gaskets, and many studs and bolts which had rusted through. Highly recommend them they were really good and a huge chunk cheaper. So another 12 months of hopefully cheap(er) motoring.

Here she is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Those engines are HARD work and can make a grown man cry.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Hello and introduction! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonC6 View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Simon and I would like to introduce myself as a new member of the C6 forum.

I currently drive a 2007 A6 2.0tdi Avant (C6) its bog standard (because why not :-)) its FSH, 134K and in decent shape. Its in Akoya Silver also and I think its just the SE model. What does that actually mean anyway???

It has Satnav, so the upgraded DIS version, Cruise, 6 CD changer, 2G MMI High, and the usual elec windows, mirrors etc.

I also have VCDS (unlimited - Hex+Can USB) and have activated the hidden menu and battery level etc.

The reason I have joined, is to hopefully help people like me who want to tinker and sensibly mess around with their car. I service my own car when required and don't mind doing the timing belt either, its quite therapeutic. Not done a clutch and flywheel yet, but I reckon that's a delight!

I have recently retrofitted AMI Most with Bluetooth into my car, with the appropriate looping fibers and power cables. I can now make calls and receive calls via my speakers and the MMI screen shows my contacts etc. But when I attempt to connect my phone to play music (Iphone 11) is says that my device may not be connected properly or something. (Sorry cant remember the exact phrase)

Any thoughts? Oh, I live near Middlesborough in the good ole' North East of England. If anyone wants any VCDS help (not that I'm an experienced user, but if you are, your more than welcome to borrow it for the price of a cuppa and a chat (because why not) and I will be glad to assist.

Nuff said, I would love to hear your thoughts on the AMI issue and hope to hear from you all soon.

Cheers

Simon
    Bluetooth on these cars only connects the phone and not music streaming. You can get adapters to create an Aux-in on some MMI models and then fit a bluetooth receiver. Also there is the 'carplay' device which can mirror your mobile phone android Auto or apple carplay on your screen which would be the best upgrade (theoretically). I bought one a while back but have yet to fit it but I have a later MMI.
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast