1. Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Last years MOT I had an advisory on Pershing Tyres? They have small cracks, but how bad to they have to be before it would fail an MOT? I'have hardly done any miles this last year due to lockdown maybe a few hundred but no more so the tyres are not worn out and still got around 6-7 mm tread left.
    I attach a few pictures, would you guys recommend I replace these?

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid...65113909595720

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...65113909595720

Thanks in advance

Paul
    Audi A4 3.0TDI Q SE Lava Grey + B&O, Audi Drive Select, Sports Seats, Sun Roof, DVD Sat Nav Plus, Blue Tooth Phone Prep, Audi Hill Assist, Rear Parking Aid, Electric Seats, Light Pack, Audi Audio Interface, MMI etc... and 4 Halfords Bulbs lol....

0 0 0

2. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    These must be 7+ years old to be cracking like this. If not I would complain to the manufacturer.

Regardless, yes I would replace them. They won’t fail an MOT till they buldge or show threads.

OliNix
    B8.5 S4 Avant - Glacier White

0 0 0

3. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks OliNix

Yes they have a manufacture date code of 0412 so yes they are some 9 years old, but obviously I don't do the mileage I once did since being retied but I think for safety sake I'll think I'll replace them before I get a blowout! I don't like the look of the cracking on the sidewalls, no bulges yet though.
    Audi A4 3.0TDI Q SE Lava Grey + B&O, Audi Drive Select, Sports Seats, Sun Roof, DVD Sat Nav Plus, Blue Tooth Phone Prep, Audi Hill Assist, Rear Parking Aid, Electric Seats, Light Pack, Audi Audio Interface, MMI etc... and 4 Halfords Bulbs lol....

0 0 0

4. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    The tyres on my wife’s car did the same as she only does 2-3000 miles a year.

0 0 0

5. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Modern tyres do this as they are "environmentally friendly" in comparison to tyres of old, this is because the amount of Carbon Black" allowed to be used has been massively reduced.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Pauls898, can i ask, are those tyres part worns?

0 0 0

7. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Crasher no dought the EU pen pushers who dont drive wanted to save carbon black for god knows what.
    what EU p/p need to ban is drum brakes and blinding headlights. not something that makes tyres safer.

0 0 0

8. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Drum brakes will make a comeback very soon, EV manufacturers are finding that cars which use regenerative braking suffer from corroded discs and also the EU, now it has got one bee out of its bonnet, is thinking about how to stop tyre and brake friction material dust and an easy way to reduce brake friction material dust escape is with sealed drum brakes and regenerative braking doesn’t expose the cast iron to excessive moisture and corrosion... drum brakes, coming back to a car you drive soon! As for dazzling headlights that flash behind you going over speed bumps, well they are an EV enabling technology which adds range so no way are they going to be toned down. If you or I ran a cable out from our house to our ICE car to vacuum or charge it and some drunken twonk tripped over the cable, we would be for the high jump, if you do it for an EV that’s fine and it’s the drunken twonks fault...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    No I've had these tyres fitted from new, so yes they have been on the car since 2012, the car is an 09 reg (2009), so they were 1st changed when the car was 3 years old and done 20,000 miles, I've now done 44,000 miles but since I retired i don't do the mileage I used to, and the last year since last MOT due to the lockdown have only done about 400 miles :-(

0 0 0

10. Re: Perishing Tyres on my Audi A4 :-( 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Lockdown is having a terrible affect on cars, under use such as Mrs Crasher Polo killed a 6 month old Bosch S5 battery, and the brakes have suffered, a pattern we are seeing a lot of. Also because garages have been closed and MOT’s extended, money being tight also an issue, people who are still driving around have been badly neglecting their cars and some have ended up as beyond an economic state of repair; for example if you have a four corner completely rotted brake system on a low value Golf 5, it can cost twice the cars value to have it professionally fixed
    with OE standard parts.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast