1. 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi all, finally got touran on the road. The drivers door has no power to it, have checked the wires between door/ bodywork, no obvious breaks. Any suggestions? Appreciated as ever.

0 0 0

2. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The J386 door control unit should have a permanent live feed from fuse 47 in the dash side board to the red/yellow wire at pin 20 and at the tin red/yellow at pin 18 from fuse 49, the earth is the brown at pin 19.If any of these fuses are blown, all the other door controllers also shut down, what makes you think you have no power at the door? Does the drivers rear door work? Does the divers mirror indicator work?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for replying. Everything on the door is dead..central locking, windows, light, indicator. I have looked at the fuses but it's ******* down so will get a better look at them tomorrow! I don't have a diagram telling me which fuses are which...there is a mix of regular sized ones and micro ones. Can you point me to which fuses are the ones you indicated to check? Many thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Disconnect the battery for an hour. Does the rear door work in respect of window, locks etc? Fuses 47 and 49 are easy to check with the door open.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks again. The fuses look ok, have disconnected battery.Have checked the other doors..they all lock with central locking, the drivers doesn't. The fuse diagram I found for my car I found says fuse 49 for the door control module controls both driver and passenger doors, would that be right?
    The only other thing that seems odd is the tailgate locks after a wee while sitting, but opens if I open and shut another door! Will reconnect battery in a while.

0 0 0

6. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    That's it working! Thank you very much...can I ask why disconnecting the battery got all these functions working again! Tailgate has started working properly again too! Over the moon.

0 0 0

7. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I have found the PQ35 platform (Golf 5, Octavia 2 etc) convenience system controller behind the glovebox corrupts its firmware and leaving it disconnected for an hour or so makes it reset... as Mrs Crasher says (a computer geek by profession) “turn it off and turn it back on again”.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    A reboot! Well it worked a treat. Thanks again, have a good day 😊

0 0 0

9. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Unfortunately it has returned again. I don't have access to vagcom to run diagnostics.. do you think the fault is most likely to lie in the door loom itself? Worth replacing? Cheers.

0 0 0

10. Re: 06 touran drivers door issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    No, it will be the inconvenience [sic] unit behind the glovebox. The first time I had this was on a Golf 5 R32 where the left side completely shut down, deadlocked on both doors. Me and a friend who worked here at the time went through two days of hell drying to get the door open because to get the glovebox out, the door needs to be open. I fitted a new convenience unit and coded it in but the remote would not match. I put the old convenience unit back in to check and it worked on the old one; then I realised the left side was working again and it has done ever since which was about 5 years ago and as the new unit was faulty, I could return it for credit.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast