Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Guys if you’ve lost GE overlay go check to see if it’s back? Reading on other forums that’s it’s back. No idea if glitch or complaints have ‘forced Audi’ to restore? Oldest car I’ve read is a 2015 A3 etron which has it back.

I’ve checked mine but it’s not loading up however could also be that I no longer have a sim in the car, but thought it’d still bring the image back. Will try again later, but interested in hearing it any of you have it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

2. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    Just checked in my A6 and it’s back on mine - model year 2012

0 0 0

3. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Have at 2017 Q5 and no satellite maps for me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko1480 View Post
    Have at 2017 Q5 and no satellite maps for me...

Did you lose them? I thought 2017MY Q5 was ok?

Edit: Just looked back and some MY17 Q5s were ok and some not depending on when built.

0 0 0

5. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Did you lose them? I thought 2017MY Q5 was ok?

Edit: Just looked back and some MY17 Q5s were ok and some not depending on when built.

2011 A8 - Satellite mapping back today, it hadn’t worked since Jan 1st.
    It has “2021 CNES/AIRBUS” embedded in the overlay and seems to work well.

0 0 0

6. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I noticed that the Google Earth option is now enabled again on my Q7 4M. If I remembered correctly it was greyed out together with all the other Audi Connect options when the license expired, so something might have changed there. However it stuck on loading when turned on (with a data SIM). Would be nice to have it back for show casing the virtual cockpit but what I really miss is the live traffic on the map... Without the live traffic I resorted back to my old Tomtom, not worth paying the license fee just to get the traffic.
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

7. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Probably Audi recognised, that there is no real need for these services with a Carplay while their customer lost a feature they paid for (to show map on DIS). As I told earlier an Audi manager informed me that they are working on a solition, probably that's what happened, which is a good news for us. Maybe our words reached the sky, or at least Ingolstadt
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

8. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jldiablo View Post
    I noticed that the Google Earth option is now enabled again on my Q7 4M. If I remembered correctly it was greyed out together with all the other Audi Connect options when the license expired, so something might have changed there. However it stuck on loading when turned on (with a data SIM). Would be nice to have it back for show casing the virtual cockpit but what I really miss is the live traffic on the map... Without the live traffic I resorted back to my old Tomtom, not worth paying the license fee just to get the traffic.
    Getting stuck in exactly the same place - it’s starts to load up but then gets stuck or comes up with some message re not possible to connect to Audi Servers despite the Audi Connect services all working fine

0 0 0

9. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I spoke to Audi about this today as I wanted google maps on my 2018. They said they have binned google maps In favour of ‘satellite maps’ and that I’d need a dealer software update before it would work on my car. Waiting to see how much from the supplying dealer.

0 0 0

10. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoppy_70 View Post
    I spoke to Audi about this today as I wanted google maps on my 2018. They said they have binned google maps In favour of ‘satellite maps’ and that I’d need a dealer software update before it would work on my car. Waiting to see how much from the supplying dealer.
    As others have advised elsewhere, a change of coding on module 5F gives us Google Earth back but gets rid of Audi Connect services: given we have to pay for it now a good trade...

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast