Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    So my car went in the the planned service this week (they upgraded mmi software) and after it came back instead of just pretending to load Google maps it told me my licence wasn't valid. So today I figured I'd throw £14.5 at the problem and buy a months subscription to the Audi connect licence. After a few restarts up pops satellite overlay!!!! Now I have to stump up 140/year but its nice to have it back.

I'm a June delivered 2017, judging by the software version qualcomm hardware. So their is hope for pre 2018 owners
    Hi muumipeikko,

I have this week purchased a 67 plate Q7. I mentioned the satellite/google earth feature not working and the Audi garage haven’t been able to resolve. I do have Audi connect services so if I ask the garage to simply just update the mmi I should in theory have satellite lay over for the sat nav?

0 0 0

2. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UTB1984 View Post
    Hi muumipeikko,

I have this week purchased a 67 plate Q7. I mentioned the satellite/google earth feature not working and the Audi garage haven’t been able to resolve. I do have Audi connect services so if I ask the garage to simply just update the mmi I should in theory have satellite lay over for the sat nav?

Yes thats what I did. I also had these guys in the back pocket if Audi tried to charge or it didn't work

Audi Google Earth Fix Update - MIB2 Satellite View - MAK Coding

I didnt use them as Audi fixed it for free but I talked to them prior and they said their patch would work for my car. I'm no expert here but my guess I they are only applying the patch audi did.

One issue is you need to go to an audi garage who really know what they are doing as aparently the official advice is Google/sat maps are 2018 onwards but that's nonsence!

0 0 0

3. Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    Yes thats what I did. I also had these guys in the back pocket if Audi tried to charge or it didn't work

Audi Google Earth Fix Update - MIB2 Satellite View - MAK Coding

I didnt use them as Audi fixed it for free but I talked to them prior and they said their patch would work for my car. I'm no expert here but my guess I they are only applying the patch audi did.

One issue is you need to go to an audi garage who really know what they are doing as aparently the official advice is Google/sat maps are 2018 onwards but that's nonsence!
    Just be careful with third parties applying patch etc - make sure they are VAG Approved/Authorised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, have you also had the maps updated? I am speaking with the dealer in the morning but thanks for the back up link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

0 0 0

5. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    So I am booked In for the MMI upgrade to allow satellite overlay on Thursday. I will also have my “map key” upgraded to accept the latest 2021/2022 European update.

0 0 0

6. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I paid to renew the connect licence and then found that Google Earth would not work - I called Audi Digital Services who confirmed my car had the hardware to support Audi Satellite Maps - had it booked in and updated for free.
    2017 Audi A5 (B9) Coupe 2.0 TDI S-Line Quattro S Tronic

0 0 0

7. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Just be careful with third parties applying patch etc - make sure they are VAG Approved/Authorised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm - also be careful of the main dealer doing an ECU update on your car without your permission and then trying to get them to revert it when the car does not drive the same
    2017 Audi A5 (B9) Coupe 2.0 TDI S-Line Quattro S Tronic

0 1 0

8. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Carlinkit works great until now.. holy crap it works! But it needs to be upgraded

0 0 0

9. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have not posted here for a long time but thought I would update if anyone finds this information useful.

My satellite overlay is running fine and i am just about to embark on a trip to France and wanted to update to the latest 2023 edition maps.

Audi wanted an extortionate sum of money to upgrade my maps this time which involves the purchase of licence/activation key, the new maps and around £175.

There was absolutely no way I was paying that and I have another free solution which means I now have updated 2023 maps running perfectly in the vehicle with traffic and satellite overlay.

If anyone is interested they can drop me a message.

1 1 0

10. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UTB1984 View Post
    I have not posted here for a long time but thought I would update if anyone finds this information useful.

My satellite overlay is running fine and i am just about to embark on a trip to France and wanted to update to the latest 2023 edition maps.

Audi wanted an extortionate sum of money to upgrade my maps this time which involves the purchase of licence/activation key, the new maps and around £175.

There was absolutely no way I was paying that and I have another free solution which means I now have updated 2023 maps running perfectly in the vehicle with traffic and satellite overlay.

If anyone is interested they can drop me a message.
    hello good, I have activated to download free maps from the vw page, what I can't do is activate Google Hearts. can you tell me how to do it? thank you

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123