Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko1480 View Post
    As others have advised elsewhere, a change of coding on module 5F gives us Google Earth back but gets rid of Audi Connect services: given we have to pay for it now a good trade...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And if you have a Qualcomm equipped MMI rather than Nvidia you can get the update free from some forums; it should be free from the Audi Dealer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I have a 2017 (April) Q7... google maps stopped working Jan, I assumed maybe because my car was almost four years old. I still have Audi Connect. Interesting to know it's gone for everyone.

I'm about to get a new Q7, will that have it? I do miss google maps.

I never use all the Audi connect stuff... do many other people? Like the weather etc.. I would prefer google maps over that.

0 0 0

3. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I’ve booked in with Audi to get the software update that allows satellite maps. The update itself is free, but they said sat maps were part of the subscription.

0 0 0

4. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko1480 View Post
    And if you have a Qualcomm equipped MMI rather than Nvidia you can get the update free from some forums; it should be free from the Audi Dealer
    As the owner of an early MY16 I've got Nvidia :-( and so still can't get the Google Earth maps back, frustrating... However, I have just bought and installed a clever gadget to enable CarPlay over wireless (CPLAY2air) which works really well. Basically you get in the car, it connects and launches CarPlay Google Maps-based nav right off the bat. e.g. picture. If needed I can just drop my phone in the Qi chart area, but tend to keep it in pocket. Flawless and near instant so far... of course also means all the Siri stuff works via steering wheel button too. Lovely. Note: I already had the dealer-installed CarPlay licence, previously working via USB.

IMG_7458.jpg
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

5. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    As the owner of an early MY16 I've got Nvidia :-( and so still can't get the Google Earth maps back, frustrating... However, I have just bought and installed a clever gadget to enable CarPlay over wireless (CPLAY2air) which works really well. Basically you get in the car, it connects and launches CarPlay Google Maps-based nav right off the bat. e.g. picture. If needed I can just drop my phone in the Qi chart area, but tend to keep it in pocket. Flawless and near instant so far... of course also means all the Siri stuff works via steering wheel button too. Lovely. Note: I already had the dealer-installed CarPlay licence, previously working via USB.

IMG_7458.jpg
    Yup bought the same one couple of months or so back. Currently works flawlessly - only issue is whenever wife uses the car her phone doesn’t connect. I’m not sure if it can handle more than one phone - will try it one day. So she just disconnects the device and uses Bluetooth as and when.

Did my longest journey since September last weekend and first with wireless CarPlay and doesn’t suck the phone battery as much as I thought it may when first got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Yup bought the same one couple of months or so back. Currently works flawlessly - only issue is whenever wife uses the car her phone doesn’t connect. I’m not sure if it can handle more than one phone - will try it one day. So she just disconnects the device and uses Bluetooth as and when.

Did my longest journey since September last weekend and first with wireless CarPlay and doesn’t suck the phone battery as much as I thought it may when first got it.

Been using the wireless CarPlay for a while now and really like it. I tend to drop the phone in the wireless charger space if I can be bothered to keep it topped up for a long trip. The car tells you the phone is still in the charger when ignition off, nice touch.

| Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

7. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Would you get traffic back after the coding change to re enable Google earth? Carplay is nice but no HUD and VC support which is a bit of a shame...

0 0 0

8. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I dont believe thats an option. The problem isn't Audi woke up and though well disable Google maps. The issue is Google closed the API Audi's Google maps implementation was based on in preference to a new API,.one assumes to make more put of it.

Traffic seems to work fine without the Google maps overlay

0 0 0

9. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    hey muumipeikko, thanks for the info that makes sense. I read in one of the previous replies that getting Google maps back would disable Audi Connect. With an older vehicle, Audi Connect has already expired with my car so I don't mind that. I was secretly hoping that getting Google maps back would also get traffic data from Google since Audi Connect will no longer work with the change, but it seems that it's not possible..
    Q7 272PS S-Line | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Tour Pack Adv | Leather Pack | Park Assist Pack | Comfort & Sound Pack | All-Wheel Steering | Matrix | Pan Roof | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | Full Valcona | Heated Rear Seats | Night Vision | BOSE | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steering Wheel | Adv Key | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Lighting | Heated Mirrors | 360 Cameras | Rear Airbags | Glacier White | Gloss Black Alloys | Carbon Door Mirrors | Black Roof Rails | Rear Sunblinds | Audi LED Entry Lights | De-badged

0 0 0

10. Re: Is Google Earth / Satellite View Back? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    So my car went in the the planned service this week (they upgraded mmi software) and after it came back instead of just pretending to load Google maps it told me my licence wasn't valid. So today I figured I'd throw £14.5 at the problem and buy a months subscription to the Audi connect licence. After a few restarts up pops satellite overlay!!!! Now I have to stump up 140/year but its nice to have it back.

I'm a June delivered 2017, judging by the software version qualcomm hardware. So their is hope for pre 2018 owners

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast