Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Hello

As the title says for the past 6 months I now suddenly have a greasy film that appears on the windscreen. The only way to remove it is with cleaner or similar as it does not just wipe off. I have looked everywhere and the only 2 possible reasons I have found are.

1: People saying its caused by degredation of plastic in the car. (I think to be fair though this one is horse ***** lol)
    2: Possible leak in the heater matrix allowing fine mist of coolant to leak and as it contains antifreeze this is what is causing the film. Although possible I have no sweet smell in the air like people report from the antifreeze and not even a 1mm drop in coolant level.

Hopefully someone has come across this before as its a right pain having to clean the windscreen before every single drive.
    Current Vehicles

Passat B6 Estate 170PD (Bluefin Installed 200BHP) BMR Highline
    Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0

2. Re: Greasy Film On Inside Of Windscreen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Yes, the heater matrix. It means you are breathing in the coolant but hopefully Glycerol based G13 has been used instead of anything else containing Glycol which is toxic. Unfortunately changing the matrix on a 3C is a huge job.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Greasy Film On Inside Of Windscreen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Yeah thought that might be the case. I did think it was a big job but watched 2 separate videos now showing it done in under 2 hours. Literally on the videos the footwell side panel and a few other brackets are renoved giving clear access to the matrix which can be slid out once drained and the 2 pipes disconnected. No need to de gas the ac.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Current Vehicles

Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0

4. Re: Greasy Film On Inside Of Windscreen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    You have the later one then which is far easier.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Greasy Film On Inside Of Windscreen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    So my 2008 should be as easy as the 2 videos I watched demonstrate then,
    Current Vehicles

Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0

6. Re: Greasy Film On Inside Of Windscreen 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Well it would seem I have the style of Matrix that requires dashboard out oh joy. What I find strange is there is absolute no sign of water or moisture anywhere. I have even used an inspection camera to look all around the housing and pipework and all is 100% bone dry. I am not inclined to pull a dashboard out to change a component that has no signs of leaking. But then how do I explain the greasy film on the windscreen. Bloody weird one lol.
    Current Vehicles

Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0