Hello

I would please appreciate some advice.

Previous owner of a 2010 Q7 3.0 TDI that unfortunately spun an engine bearing at 112k miles. Car was religiously serviced on flexible service interval, but oil not changed between (oil service light was reset).

I have recently replaced with a 2014 Q7 3.0 TDI with 60k on the clock. Last flexible service carried out 9k miles ago.

Q7 oil service light comes on as you will likely know at 9k miles after last oil change, which can be considered out of sync with flexible intervals - hence my point above that oil service light was / can be reset outside of these intervals.

I am obviously more wary of this given past experience so was planning on replacing oil and filter as soon as this light came on and then carrying out inspection services in line with flexible service reminders.

Is that considered over kill for oil changes and does fully synthetic oil really last up to 18/19k miles?

If any advice / confirmation of need to change oil every 9,000 miles at a minimum can be provided I would appreciate it, both for my own sake / knowledge, but also to challenge dealer who reset the oil service light just prior to delivery of my replacement car and dismissed doing so to me, because it is on a flexible service schedule!

Many thanks for any help.