1. 2007 VWT5 Transporter BNZ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello good people! First time forum poster here. Im an Aussie currently living in Germany and have a 07 T5 2.5 bnz transporter that Ive converted into a camper. I cant say much of the cars history, just that the clutch had been replaced. Late last year I had the exhaust manifold replaced and the broken head studs replaced with larger one's along with all new gaskets, cv shafts ect. Over the last year I didnt drive it at all, only in and out of my workshop during the build time. After the manifold repairs and starting to take it on drives, Ive noticed it has somewhat of a missfire or quick judder just rolling along in 3rd, this is rare but concerning for me. Overall it drives perfect. Its got 280000 on it, doesnt blow excessive amounts of smoke, got plently of power and has good fuel economy. I took it back to the mechanic that did the manifold, took it for a drive and of course the problem didnt rise. This short judder didnt happen again untill last friday in a autobahn carpark (3 weeks no issues). This time rolling around in 2nd gear. Its like it looses fuel or something.. shortly after entering the autobahn in 4th gear giving in herbs, the engine cut out more radically. Lost all power and felt like the movement of the car was turning the engine over for a split second. This Monday I serviced the car incl new fuel filter. After the service it drove way better and I thought the problem was fixed that the filter was the issue. Half way back home again in a autobahn car park this judder happend again, and this time with a strange pumping or compressor noise coming from what I thought was in the dash. This happend twice coming slowly up to traffic lights. The other 300kms home was fine no issues. I must also say that most of the time it idles a little lumpy and shakes the car a bit... I hope this huge story is understandable and that somebody has an idea on what this problem could be! Also possibly unrelated, but after starting the car again a couple of times the airbag light came on and the car beeped with the light.... Im new to VW so very much looking forward to what people have to say. Thanks everyone! Ben
    Last edited by Benno1990; 10-03-2021 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes

0 0 0

2. Re: 2007 VWT5 Transporter BNZ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Forgot to add the a computer has been on and no fault codes appeared.. i need to find a computer and connect it while I drive I think..

0 0 0

3. Re: 2007 VWT5 Transporter BNZ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    That is a four port fuel filter isn't it?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: 2007 VWT5 Transporter BNZ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher thanks for getting in touch, it surely is a four port filter and brand new, not cheap version either. Normally 100€ public price. Kg Ben

0 0 0

5. Re: 2007 VWT5 Transporter BNZ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I could not check at that point, on the models with the two port filter I have ad a peculiar fault confined to that design, the ACTAUL fault will still be there but the four connection filter masks the problem, the only clue is a WHOOSH when you take off the filer cap.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 2007 VWT5 Transporter BNZ 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gday Mate, dont like I've ever recalled a 'whoosh' ay, Im just need to get it to a vw mechanic I think..

0 0 0