1. On rejection! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Hi all, a few of you here have managed to get VW to take the car back...how did the process go? Was it as easy as filling in a form and talking to VW Finance?

Did you get all your deposit plus monthly payments to date back? Service plan refunded?

My car has been back for a week now and I even got VW master tech passing on a questionnaire from VW asking me...how I drive the car and whether I was turning or pressing the break when the warning lights come on. Any minute they will tell me I drive it wrong!!

This is the 5th time this car has gone in and I am getting tired of fixes and repeat visits.

Car was picked up in November last year with 1,700miles to date.

I just want to know how easy or not was it to reject the car and get money back etc.

For my sins I am considering the ID.3 as I am heartened by the recent announcement of the OTA full updates.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: On rejection! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I got my first mk8 in June and was replaced in December after about 5-6 visits to the dealer (SOS failure etc). The after sales manager initiated the rejection to the sales manager. They then dealt with VW. All went ok. Same deal with same finance position. e.g. Same remaining duration with Jun to Dec deducted from the duration. New car has the exact same issue. Been in for 2 weeks for the dealer to try and resolve. (New After Sales Manager and New Head of Sales now at the dealer). Lots of push back about rejection from head of sales after after sales manager told me to reject (even though I have in writing I can reject.) Last week they effectively offered to replace again, but only if I went back to the original finance duration term. So effectively like buying a new car. Have told them I won't accept that. Either replace it or fix it.
    Golf 8 1.5 eTSI, 7-speed DSG, Style, Deep Black Pearl, Rear View camera, UTR

0 0 0

3. Re: On rejection! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4ttv View Post
    I got my first mk8 in June and was replaced in December after about 5-6 visits to the dealer (SOS failure etc). The after sales manager initiated the rejection to the sales manager. They then dealt with VW. All went ok. Same deal with same finance position. e.g. Same remaining duration with Jun to Dec deducted from the duration. New car has the exact same issue. Been in for 2 weeks for the dealer to try and resolve. (New After Sales Manager and New Head of Sales now at the dealer). Lots of push back about rejection from head of sales after after sales manager told me to reject (even though I have in writing I can reject.) Last week they effectively offered to replace again, but only if I went back to the original finance duration term. So effectively like buying a new car. Have told them I won't accept that. Either replace it or fix it.
    Thanks @m4ttv

I was hoping for a refund of deposit entirely plus money paid. Did they even offer that? I would rather I dealt with VW Finance directly rather than the dealership as it is in their interest to try to sell you something.

Plus in my case I got extra discounts (£1500 on top of the VW deposit contribution + my deposit) thrown in as part of some hard negotiation which allowed me to spec the car (1.5 Style eTSI) with some nicer options. So I would not want to loose that. To get the same spec on the ID3 I am looking at the Max model as minimum if not the Tour!!

0 0 0

4. Re: On rejection! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelm713 View Post

I was hoping for a refund of deposit entirely plus money paid. Did they even offer that?
    No, not offered, but have heard others have walked away from the Golf, so they must have got some form of refund, but not sure how much.
    Golf 8 1.5 eTSI, 7-speed DSG, Style, Deep Black Pearl, Rear View camera, UTR

0 0 0

5. Re: On rejection! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Just an update on this.

After 3 weeks in the garage and the dealership 'unable to replicate' fault ( I replicated it the first day I got it back), VW have now accepted our rejection with full deposit refunded plus a little bit of credit from my part exchange.

Obviously nothing from the payments made to date but I am happy with this outcome.

We have secured a 4 year old Scirocco with a less than 20K miles on it and it's a car we had before and loved. Kids are a bit older now so the 3 door is not an issue any more. Plus there is another car in the family for the long journeys.

Good luck everyone! At the end I was just too annoyed with the constant blips for this car

My theory is the battery hybrid system. I had a battery issue on day one. The 12V charges the 48V battery which runs 24 hours as it needs to maintain internet connection. Since the 12V battery charges from the car movement...and these days we don't do anywhere near the miles we should be doing...I think the battery just drains and sensors fail. In my case all my issues went away after a restart so I am convinced if we run it more it will be fine.

However, I cannot explain the infortainment glitches and the touchscreen controls were doing my head in.

In my case ...happy with the outcome.

Over and Out!!

0 0 0