1. 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Afternoon all, it’s car replacement time again and I’ve decided to remain loyal. The lure of the twin turbo petrol V8 and the 507bhp. Very nearly went to the dark side with a GLS AMG 63 but I love our current SQ7 so much. I’ve gone with the Vorsprung spec here in the U.K. and I’m rather disappointed with the configuration options :-(. Can you believe you can’t get a flat bottom steering wheel!! It’s crazy. The only way to get a HUD is to order the Vorsprung! Damn these stupid WLTP rules.

One the plus side I would never have got the Bang & Olufsen stereo past the boss without it so that’s a win. There’s some confusing info out there and I know someone on here will know. It comes with the B&O Premium Sound System. Some places say this is a 600W 14 speaker setup and other say it’s a 1900W 23 speaker setup. Do they both come with those cool little pop up speakers at the front? I wondering if this is a U.K. vs US spec thing.

Anyway - happy to be staying on this group for another 3+ years. Roll on the ABT upgrade - anyone know where I can get my hands on a pair of RSQ8 turbos...?

Thanks,

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    There are 2 B&O systems in the SQ7. Premium 600W and Advanced 1900W. Advanced costs 4 times more than Premium. Only Advanced has pop-up speakers in the dashboard and illuminated speaker grilles in the front doors. If you are an audiophile, you can choose B&O Advanced, if not B&O Premium is absolutely sufficient.

0 1 0

3. Re: 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    There are 2 B&O systems in the SQ7. Premium 600W and Advanced 1900W. Advanced costs 4 times more than Premium. Only Advanced has pop-up speakers in the dashboard and illuminated speaker grilles in the front doors. If you are an audiophile, you can choose B&O Advanced, if not B&O Premium is absolutely sufficient.
    Thanks Retom,

Again I think the WLTP have removed the option. It would appear you can’t spec a U.K. SQ7 with B&O Advanced sound. These rules really are the death of factory customisation aren’t they!

0 0 0

4. Re: 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    On many UE markets you can still order B&O Advanced. If it is nota available on UK market it's more I think that Audi, like many other manufacturers, suffers from a lack of electronic chips and has simply limited the list of options in some markets. This is the case in the USA, for example, where the BMW X5 can currently only be ordered with a basic sound system.

0 0 0

5. 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Does anyone happen to know the details of the SQ7 TFSI engine. I’m believe it’s the same engine as the RSQ8 but with different turbos and mapping. Is it the exact same engine as the RS6, With the same turbos? I’m curious as to what options maybe be available regarding remaps or turbo replacements.
    Is it a DJPB?

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    SQ7 TFSI is the same engine as in RSQ8 but with different turbos, air coolers and different ECU software. You can find this engine in many variants in VAG cars including Porsche and Bentley Bentayga.
    ABT does not yet offer its AEC for the SQ7 / SQ8 TFSI engine, but I think it will be available soon for these engines as well. Replacing the turbochargers and remapping the ECU to the RSQ8 version would be very expensive and risky because even if it were successful, it would certainly void the car warranty.
    PS. RS6 has the same turbos as SQ7.

0 1 0

7. Re: 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks Retom, so it’s the same turbos as the RS6 but a different engine?

I remain hopeful that there will be a reasonably simple way to extract more power from this engine.

0 0 0

8. Re: 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Engine seems to be the same in SQ7 and RS8. Main parts including engine block are the same. They may differ in some smaller components as the RS6 is a different car.

0 1 0

9. Re: 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Does anyone have real world experience of this engine in terms of fuel economy and day to day drivability?

Tempted to change from the 50 TDI but my head is telling me that’s probably not a good idea. My heart is telling me this will probably the last new V8 petrol opportunity I get, however...

The Audi configuration lists the fuel requirement being Super 98 - does the engine need this or can it run off normal unleaded?

Thanks!

0 0 0

10. Re: 2021 sq7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q7_2020 View Post
    Does anyone have real world experience of this engine in terms of fuel economy and day to day drivability?

Tempted to change from the 50 TDI but my head is telling me that’s probably not a good idea. My heart is telling me this will probably the last new V8 petrol opportunity I get, however...

The Audi configuration lists the fuel requirement being Super 98 - does the engine need this or can it run off normal unleaded?

Thanks!

It’s not great! But boy is it fun and the noise is spectacular. Especially the upshift noise at full throttle if you have the drive system set to Balanced. Weirdly it doesn’t do it in Dynamic. I think the upshifts are too quick.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast