Notices

User Tag List

Thread: LT35. High tickover and revs when starting?

1. LT35. High tickover and revs when starting? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Folks

LT35 2.5 TDI owned for the last six years and have just started to experience the following that I hope someone can shed a little light on.

Starts fine and runs fine except just recently the tickover often sits high and when starting, especially when warm, the engine revs as it starts. Thought initially it was just due to the very cold weather that we had recently but the symptom has continued ever since. The heater plug light also appears to stay on much longer than it used too. Temp gauge reads as it always has.

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: LT35. High tickover and revs when starting? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think you have a similar problem to me. I have a 1997 LT 35 LWB, cambelt broke a few years ago and a 2000 replacement engine was fitted. I hve no idea which engine code. Van was very powerful and fast so I presume it was 109hp. Still fast and powerful after swap. A few weeks ago I noticed my Glow Plug light staying on for much longer than usual. Also very high idle for about 10 minutes after start up.I have a few old Passat and Octavia TDIs of circa 2000 vintage so I have VCDS and have the adapter cable for the LT. DTC was 00522, Coolant Temp Sensor, G62, Short Circuit to Positive. There are two temp sensors on the Thermostat flange, I thought the G62 is the bottom one with the 4 wires, but then I have also seen the 2 wire sensor called G62 as well. The 2 wire sensor is mounted directly above the 4 wire sensor. Anyway, I replaced both just to be sure, and the problem is still there and the code cant be erased. I have tried to test continuity back to the ECU and it seems to be ok, however the wiring is a mess, with some of the wires ending in multiple terminals all the same colour, going off to God knows where.
    Then I discovered another 2pin plug hanging loose. It was missing the metal locking pin that lead me to believe that it had fallen off somewhere. It has a brown/yellow wire and a red/black wire, and there is continuity between one of these wires and one on the 2 pin Coolant temp sensor. This made me think that the circuit was broken when this fell off. The wires on this plug are about 8 inches long from where it joins the loom with the other CTSs. But I cant find where it plugs in, or even it it does plug in. It may be a redundant connector from the 1997 to 2000 engine swop. I havent a clue what its for and would like to eliminate it from my enquiries. Any help on identifying it, or of solving my DTC 00522 issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    BallinaIMG_20210522_170448.jpgIMG_20210522_170353.jpg

0 0 0