Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history?

1. Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi

I am in the process of buying this car from an Audi dealer - ie Audi Approved used.

It has not been serviced for 2 years and they say that they will service as required before I collect the car. It has 35K on the clock and I have just been trying to get them to provide me with a complete maintenance history to date so that I can be sure that they carry out all the maintenance due before I get the car. They won't provide any detail at all though. Just that it was serviced in 2018.

I wonder whether it is possible to obtain a maintenance/service history from elsewhere. It would be interesting to see any warranty, recall or repair work as well. If anyone can help I can supply Reg and VIN.

Thanks

Chris

0 0 0

2. Re: Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    PM me the reg and I will see what is on the system
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I have never done this from home on an iPad so give me a moment
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Apart from the PDI it is just showing Sheffield Audi did

Inspection with Oil change (flexible)
    GB007320 Audi service
    2018-10-03 15471 mi

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Apart from the PDI it is just showing Sheffield Audi did

Inspection with Oil change (flexible)
    GB007320 Audi service
    2018-10-03 15471 mi
    Thanks for looking at this for me. This ties in with what the salesman told me. He told me this morning that sometime last week they had done a full 38000 mile service as part of their Audi Approved Used preparation. Ie fuel filter, brake fluid, air filter, pollen filter in addition to normal oil and filter change.

Would it normally take some time for a service to show up on central records? And when it does will it be clear whether these extra items have been completed? Or will it just summarise as "Major Service" or something similar?

Would it be Ok if I asked you to look again in a few days to see if the record has been updated.

Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Customers have pointed out that it takes a month for my data to appear on “My Audi” and that data can be erased by me for about the same time and then the delete box disappears but I don’t know how that works when I view the Digital Service Schedule for a car someone else has worked on, maybe it does take a week or so? The person entering the data is supposed to print out the work tick sheet which they can hand over plus a certificate that they must hand over and is supposed to go in the document wallet, this briefly outlines the works plus extras and recommended actions. The tick sheet shows the mechanic what the system is recommending they do plus it highlights those job which are extra cost with a big red dot. Prod me in a few days and I will look again.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Crasher, Thanks very much for that explanation. I will wait and see what paperwork they give me when I collect the car on Weds. If things arn't clear I might ask you to look again if that's OK

0 0 0

8. Re: Buying 2017 A4 Allroad 3.0TDi 272bhp - Service history? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes, just ask

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0