Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    My first post here, and I'm a dirty Exeo owner - but I hope you'll still be able to help as its much the same car.

With covid, my car only gets 1 run out a week, and for about 5 days in a row last week it was frozen solid - just mentioning this in case anyone thinks its relevant.

Got into the car the other day, and both the windscreen and boot INSIDE windows were frozen solid. Never seen this before. Water dripped everywhere as it defrosted.

It was a short drive, so when I got back, I dried both windows (karcher window vac) and thought nothing more about it...... until I went out 2 days later - car seemed dry and fine (& it wasn't raining). But when I parked 5 mins later, the A Pillar was soaked at the top.

Took the car home, dropped the back seats, ran power into the boot (saloon) and powered up a fan heater and a dehumidifer to get it all dried out.
    However, the car interior is bone dry. Under 40% relative humidity. 3 days, the dehumifier only pulled out about 150ml of water and I kept the car at about 15C.

The carpets are dry, there's no sign of water anywhere. I checked under the battery (standard maintenance) about a month ago - that's all fine too.

On the Facebook Exeo owners club, they recommend removing the roof trim. I've asked "HOW???" (and why?) but still not sure. I've posted a picture here

roof trim.jpgwet patch.jpg

Questions are:
    Could this all be a weird consequence of the car freezing/unfreezing multiple times over a week without being driven?
    If not
    Where should I start looking for this problem? Is there a drain that might have filled/blocked - if so, where?

Only other things I can think to mention. The car is a 2013. Good condition overall. No crashes or rust. No new windows fitted or anything like that.
    The car did go in for a paint restoration polish and ceramic coating 2 months or so ago & I've hardly driven it since.

Really hope someone can help.
    Many thanks
    Peter

0 0 0

2. Re: Water leaking into top of A Pillar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Just clutching at straws here, any chance you car is rare and has a factory fit sunroof? Could one of the sunroof drains be blocked? These would likely run down the A piller, and if they were blocked, maybe water could end up inside the car via the A pillar.

Like I say, clutching at straws and you will likely come back saying you don't have a sunroof.

I get a lot of condensation in my car at the moment, as there is no heat from the climate control, and with condensation from breathing, I've noticed an increase amount of water (and ice the other night) on the inside of the windscreen.

0 0 0

3. Re: Water leaking into top of A Pillar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdlh View Post
    Just clutching at straws here, any chance you car is rare and has a factory fit sunroof? Could one of the sunroof drains be blocked? These would likely run down the A piller, and if they were blocked, maybe water could end up inside the car via the A pillar.

Like I say, clutching at straws and you will likely come back saying you don't have a sunroof.

I get a lot of condensation in my car at the moment, as there is no heat from the climate control, and with condensation from breathing, I've noticed an increase amount of water (and ice the other night) on the inside of the windscreen.
    Hi,
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Sunroof was the first thing others have asked too - afraid not.
    I had been looking into drains, and found the location in the front wheel arch - but then someone confirmed that won't exist on my car anyway - only those with sunroofs.

I've been told to take the roof rail trim off - but that looks like a nightmare, its seated in a black seal, which I'm sure will perish if I even try to take it off - so that's just going to create a mess.
    In about an hour, I'm going to try to take the A pillar cover off, and pour water over the car to see if we can see anything coming in.

0 0 0

4. Re: Water leaking into top of A Pillar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptrichardson View Post
    I'm a dirty Exeo owner
    Nothing wrong with the Exeo apart from a name I can’t pronounce. I was always puzzled why Seats interpretation of the Superb failed (on a better, later and more sophisticated platform) yet the latter has flourished.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Water leaking into top of A Pillar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Nothing wrong with the Exeo apart from a name I can’t pronounce. I was always puzzled why Seats interpretation of the Superb failed (on a better, later and more sophisticated platform) yet the latter has flourished.
    I didn't know they did a version of the Superb?
    Obviously the Exeo was literally the A4, they used the same production line (shipped to spain)

0 0 0

6. Re: Water leaking into top of A Pillar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdlh View Post
    Well, we took the A pillar cover off - BONE DRY.
    There's no leak, water isn't getting in anywhere.

So yup, looks like a strange combination of freeze/thaw/freeze and me not driving the car very much caused some moisture to be pulled out of the air and created the issue.

Put a new moisture bag thingy in the car, so hopefully that'll stop any future issues.
    Thanks.

0 0 0

7. Re: Water leaking into top of A Pillar 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The Skoda Superb 1U was built on the PL45+ platform which was an extended version of the PL45 for Chinese market. The PL45 also underpinned the 8D A4. This was superseded by PL46 for the 8E initially and the PL47 later and that is what the Exeo is built on. A4Perhaps tellingly the Superb moved over to the VW PQ46 platform for the second generation 3U.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0