Hi - I have recently bought an A5 (first departure from Ford) and I really like the car - but I am struggling with losing some features which this car doesn't have as standard. I find some 'expected' ffunctionality isn't explicitly covered within the owners manual either, so I thought I would take to the forums and see what knowledge I can gather from those of you that know the car much better than I.

1. Heated (Wing) Mirrors. On the Ford, if you selected Rear Screen heating (and why don't Audi have Rear Wipers on Hatchbacks), it automatically enabled the heating in the mirrors - yet the Audi has a rotary switch position for this function.
a. Does this mean there is no automatic heating when Rear Screen Heating is selected?
b. Does leaving the rotary switch in the heated position leaving heating on continuously (risking burn out)?

2. Power Hatch can be opened and lowered via the in car switch yet the key (no Keyless entry - another miss which is standard on Ford) will open the Hatch but not initiate closing. Why? Or do I have a fault and the Key should be able to close the hatch?

3. I understand there is a way to re-code the Auto Start / Stop so that its off by default and the switch light would be off (and on when selected - switching start / stop on) but you need a little skill and VCDS(?) - does anyone recommend anyone in the Peterborough / Cambridge area that can do this?

4. On the front left, I am getting a knocking when I turn (more than one rotation of steering wheel) left when I first start / pull off and then severity seems to decrease; anyone had similar issues with there cars? CV Joint fault? The car remains under warranty and it will be looked at on Service.

5. Why does the service interval fluctuate dependent on use and interestingly the periodicity decrease the less you use the vehicle? It can be as much as 2 years / 18K miles but my car has done less than 10K miles (bought at 8K) and is 2 years since registered in May yet wants a service at the end of the month.

6. Audi Connect. So the car comes with 3 years Audi Connect and when I bought the car I was advised Audi just add years when you run out (if you ask). I have seen on another forum recently (which I can't find now to read properly) that they have now decided to charge for this.
a. Anyone know what the costs are / are going to be and what you will get for the cost?
b. What functionality will be lost if subscription is not continued? The car uses your personal phone now to access most of the services (destinations sent to the car / news / weather etc) so Google Maps and the ability of the App to tell you where the car is parked (app info about the car)? Traffic on routes? Map updates?

7. Tyre Pressure Monitoring. My Ford had a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) which (like how the Audi is set up) only informed the driver of a deflating wheel. With a code change made to the Mondeo coding, a display could be enabled which showed the pressure in each wheel. I have seen an image of an Audi display, showing the same sort of display - is this a change via VCDS too or do valves need replacing?

And if anyone else has good knowledge that I should know / tips etc please post away or links to good pages / threads where info is listed. I have 'an ability' to undertake some minor revisions myself (but I don't have VCDS) as I did the changes on my Mondeo (following forum guides).

I look forward to hearing back and hopefully I've started a thread that will benefit many.......