I have a 6 CD box in the back of my 2009 Sharan. I was hoping to remove this as I want to use the space it's occupying at the moment as a mini cupboard as part of my car camper conversion. I have spoken to a few people locally who seem to think this is not a good idea, as it will possibly interfere with or damage the parking sensor system. Really?!

I did ask at my local VW dealer, specifically because the radio only works intermittently anyway, and I wondered whether there was any way of them solving that problem too. However they wanted £60 just to plug the car into the diagnostics system before even offering an opinion, so I passed on that option....

I went into Halfords to ask about replacing the radio and the very helpful young man asked what was wrong with the one insitu. He came out to the car to have a look at it, and, wouldn't you know, at that moment the radio decided it would work perfectly.

As a point of interest I think the radio/CD/satnav system in the car at the moment is not the original one as it bears no resemblance to the one featured in the car's manual. (Although when switched on it does bear the VW symbol) For one thing, it has a single CD slot. Why would you need one of those if you've got a 6 x box to load? I haven't actually put a CD in either of these orifices, as I'm unsure at the moment as to whether I'd ever be able to retrieve them or not! Oh, and in case you're wondering, I haven't had this car for very long so still learning about it's little foibles....

If anyone has any comments/suggestions re the above, that would be really helpful, thanks.