Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Every one

I have Golf tdi 1.9 with 213,984 on the clock probably had it for around 8 months and its been great and for a older car with 213k,
    on the clock i was surprised by the pull and speed off it.

The Mot was due last month so took it to the local mechanic (recommended to me) from me driving it I thought it would pass, no noticeable change in driving it since I had it.

so the car failed on two tyres, track rod end ball joint, cv boot split, Exhaust has a major leak, ( the car drove like a new car no smoke no handling issues knocks or bangs) agreed price
    with garage to fix the problems including welding the exhaust and got the car dropped back to my house, next day got up drove about 15 minutes to my mates house parked up went to work come back to the car started up drove down the road and how no power what so ever I was having to leave bus size gaps to pull out of junctions.

Got the garage to pick the car up who ran some orange held held machine and found it had a code they deleted the code and dropped car back (still had snail power)
    car goes back into the garage they tell me the turbo pipe has split and thats the problem 90 pound to supply and fit, I was so happy problem fixed got into the car you guessed it still no power *** its cost 350 so far for a mot and my car is worse than when it went in.

so jumped online and started having a read went to gsf and brought a maf sensor for 35 pound i know you need the bosch one but 100 pound vs 35 at xmas time if it didnt work would be a kick in the balls, so the car got power back up to around 80 mph then wouldn't go past this, the gsf maf leaves 2 big gaps round airbox so i cleaned the original bosch one put the gsf sensor in bosch housing and again I have got no power still.

So far I have

swapped n75 for n18 (no change)
    swapped all vaccuum hoses to silicone ones ( no change)
    purchased rosstech lead and software run scans logged data (no clue what it means lol )
    used rosstech to find fault code 17964 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation P1556 - 35-00 - -Egr delete and got rid of old hoses ( no change)
    n75 test to see actuator moving up and down using vcds (seemed to be working correct )

I feel like I'm moving along the correct path to find the fault but I have never until this car had a go myself but i want to learn to do everything for myself from now
    sorry for the really long post and sorry if something don't make sense Im A new learner who's ****** of by car coming back worst than it went in. have spoke to the garage who said it could only be the turbo now that would be there guess, thank you if you got this far my future posts wont be this long winded,

thank you Rich.

0 0 0

2. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That is an underboost code and in the vast majority of cases this is a leak in the vacuum piping which you have replaced but I suspect there is still a leak. Disconnect the vacuum pipe from the servo pipe and suck on it, you should not be able to draw any air so if you can, find the leak. There are three separate systems using the vacuum, turbo , EGR and inlet manifold flap. You don’t say which engine code such as ASZ or ARL? When you get the power back will you reinstate the EGR please?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher,
    Engine is PD130 so thats ASZ maybe ? ha, Did look in engine bay for sticker (worn off) not one with spare wheel, I will give that a try in the morning with that pipe, have got myself a vacuum pump being delivered tomorrow figured I might need it at some point , yeah I will, is Egr delete no good for the car, (excuse my ignorance new to this just following online guides)

0 0 0

4. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes it will be an ASZ, the ARL PD150 did have an individual peculiarity that isn’t relevant. The EGR system is a legally mandated emissions reduction system that helps reduce NOX emissions, the ones which make asthmatics like myself find breathing difficult, I will help you if you put it back.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Deal

0 0 0

6. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I took the vacuum hose off sucked threw the pipe couldn’t draw any air, where the join Is for service pipe that connects and runs round the engine bay to the other side of car there is a small rip that has been taped over with black tape and a small jubilee clip on it to hold it on, so am I correct in thinking this is the one I need to replace next ? Cheers

edit- when I pulled servo pipe off loads of air come out.

0 0 0

7. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You only need to remove the 3mm bore vacuum pipe, that you heard a good vacuum release shows the pump is working well and creating a good depression, very depressing.

if you suck on this 3mm pipe and cannot drawn air that shows the system is intact up to the three solenoid valves BUT could be leaking after them. Do you have full and registered VCDS that can carry out Basic Settings and Output Tests?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have vcds lite paid for registered version, it has basic settings and output tests.

0 0 0

9. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    With the engine idling, going into engine, basic settings 04 and select block 011, the engine rpm must lift and you will hear the turbo’s tone change every 30 seconds or so. Whilst doing this, watch the actuator rod on the turbo, this must pull fully and sharply up and then smoothly and quickly release.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: VW golf tdi 1.9 2002 issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you will do this after work tomorrow