1. Handbrake (green wire pioneer HU) bypass help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, i have the pioneer SPH-DA230 DAB and i am about to install the unit ,i have opted for the green parking brake wire to be spliced in the my ground wire to bypass.
    What i would like to know is if i opt for the bypass cable were i have to wire to the Blue/white amp power lead (which i believe is needed if you attempt a firmware update,just heard this so not sure if correct) as i want to use the amp wire to power a 2 channel amp in the rear of the car ..Any one any advice on this ...Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Handbrake (green wire pioneer HU) bypass help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I took a look at the instructions here: https://celtrade.com/media/public/SP...ion_manual.pdf. Very confusing on that blue / white wire IMHO.

I may be misunderstanding you, but I don't see anything that relates the green (parking status) and blue / white ("equipment active" / " activate aerial") wires.

The way I read the notes is that blue / white circle 12 connects to your amp to tell it when to power up. Note that the amp will have a separate, chunky wire for its power supply. The blue / white is just a puny 300mA signal wire and if you try to actually power the amp from that it you'll probably damage the HU or (hopefully) pop a fuse in it.

You can optionally use spade terminal 11 (female?) which taps into the same wire to tell your electric aerial to pop up if you have one. To do that in a car that use ISO pin A5 (see Connectors for car audio - Wikipedia) you can join it to the corresponding spade terminal 10 (male?). If you don't need that function (which you won't in a half-modern VAG car) then don't connect them and be careful anyway about where ISO pin 5 really goes to.

What car are you putting it in, and does it have those ISO connectors or the more modern single big Quadlock type?
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

3. Re: Handbrake (green wire pioneer HU) bypass help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Many thanks for taking time to reply ,and the information...The car the unit is going in is a Audi A3 cabriolet 2011 .I purchased the connects 2 CTAU01 adapter kit for my vehicle.Yes it as a quadlock adapter.

0 0 0

4. Re: Handbrake (green wire pioneer HU) bypass help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Pin 13 is the industry standard in the Quadlock for the antenna feed, but VAG don't have that wired in their looms for cars that don't need it. So if the car-side has nothing in pin13 you'll do no harm by connecting the HU output to it via spade terminals and then adapter.

Many of the adapters play safe and don't have that ISO A5 aerial wire connected, just like the Pioneer. So in short you can probably leave the blue / white disconnected in the Pioneer loom, and also out of the adapter if it is "plug to suit".

How does that fit with what I think was your question about being able to update firmware? Do you have a link to noteson that?
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

5. Re: Handbrake (green wire pioneer HU) bypass help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Pioneer parking brake bypass and updating firmware.

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-X2700BS into my '08 Tundra. Initially, I just grounded out the parking brake wire which allowed me to watch DVDs while driving, which worked fine, but when I tried to update the firmware, the "Update Firmware" button was grayed out and un-selectable. I called Pioneer and asked tech support why this might be and the first question the nice lady asked me was "Did you bypass the parking brake?". Yes. I did. She said bypassing it will allow some things to work but not others. Like the firmware update. And from what I can see it's only the firmware update. Everything else works.
    So I took it back out and disconnected it and used two bare wires to mimic a switch, opening and closing the circuit a few times, but again, no dice.
    Can someone please explain to me how to wire this thing without it going to the parking brake? Would a relay or an actual switch make a difference (compared to me just tapping bare wire together)? Isn't a microbypass just a relay? Does the fact that the parking brake wire needs to be connected into the hot side of the switch make a difference?

0 0 0