1. Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all I'm hoping someone might be able to help.
    So my story starts with my golf 1.6 tdi 2010 having the spring icon flash and loss of power. So I did a scan with cheap obd reader and it said injector 3 problems so had a mate put it on vcds and and injector 3 again. So I did a test with voltmeter and the ohm is reading something like 820.
    So decided to change injector 3.
    I bought a second hand one bought new seals copper washer and fitted it and coded with vcds.
    Now it drives but has a rough idle and a tinging sound then I learned that I should of cleaned the hole where the injector sits.
    So I've taken it back apart and cleaned it of all the black sutt.
    So I started to put it back together and when I've gone to tighten the clamp bolt it snappd. Tried getting it out but its too deep so does anyone know what I should do please. I've ordered one of the drill sets where you have to drill in the middle and use the bolt extractor do you think it'll work. Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The bolt is a one time only Torque To Yield, I assume you did not fit a new bolt? Drilling the bolt out must be done very precisely, I suggest you find an engineer and get it recovered to them. The bolt is VAG part number WHT 003 187 and they cost £1.24, these should be initially nipped up to a maximum of 1 or 2Nm, then with the lines fitted, torqued to 8Nm and then a further 180° (1/2 a turn).
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I managed to get the bolt out with a bolt retractor. Injector is back in but its still making the tinging/tapping sound when idle also acceleration power in the car seems better that before though so can't understand it. I'll keep people updated just incase I find the problem.

0 0 0

4. Re: Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The bolt is a one time only Torque To Yield, I assume you did not fit a new bolt? Drilling the bolt out must be done very precisely, I suggest you find an engineer and get it recovered to them. The bolt is VAG part number WHT 003 187 and they cost £1.24, these should be initially nipped up to a maximum of 1 or 2Nm, then with the lines fitted, torqued to 8Nm and then a further 180° (1/2 a turn).
    Hi yes I used a new bolt the reason it snappd was my own error as the torque wrench I bought a big one that didn't have the setting I put it on 80 nm which I thought was 8nm but I managed to get the broken bolt out. Now I'm lift with a tapping sound. Could the injector be faulty? Thanks for the reply

0 0 0

5. Re: Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tapping sound is still present so I've contacted the guy i got the injector from and he said to do adaptation with vcds I've done this and its not worked he also said go for a ten minute drive on the motorway I've also done this and still the same. So now I'm thinking I should ask for my money back and get another injector and if the problem is still there then maybe its something else.

0 0 0

6. Re: Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You could only justify asking for your money back if you fit a genuine VW exchange injector and the noise goes away. I flatly refuse to fit anything other than genuine injectors or new Pierburg units when they are available... which they are not at the moment.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your right but the cost of a new injector is way out of my budget mate.
    As of today the tapping is not as bad as when I first put it in do you think low oil or dirty oil might be the problem because I'm over due a oil change by probably 1000 miles

0 0 0

8. Re: Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I would not have thought so. Yes the price of an injector is crazy, a full new set is £2500 fitted.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Problem with injector 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Did you code the injector in? Sometimes it’s best not to code a used injector in as the ecu then thinks it’s new when it’s not.

0 0 0