Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry, TSI Style 1.5 150.

Just dropped car off this morning...we will see what happens... I spoke to the technician to explain all the details of the faults. I requested that the same guy works on my car as he had seen the fault a few weeks ago, they even rang me last week to change the day of the appointment as he wasn't working that day. Just been told he won't be working on it!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    You don't say which engine/gearbox combination you have, but on our 130 1.5 TFSi Life we do not have ant moise issues from either the clutch or from under the car. If they say it is "normal" then ask then to let you take their senior technician out in your car and deosntrate the issues and then go out in another car and get them to show you they both have the same issue.

Road noise could be down to tracking. If one of the wheels is off it could be dragging along the road so may be worth having that looked at, preferaly at somewhere where they have a hunter 4 wheel system available

As for the software it seems we are all guinea pigs as VW try to sort out the bugs

0 0 0

2. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'll be booking mine back in today as the travel assist faults is still present mainly when turning the steering wheel constant 12v battery consumption to high warnings when the only thing running is the engine and radio is also putting car into fast idle at 1200rpm when this warning is present. Took it for a 600 mile round trip at the weekend at mainly motorway speeds and the 12v warning is still present, on the same journey the infotainment screen crashed and rebooted 3 times and took about 5 mins to do it on each occasion the climate control stored working for around 25 mins it would only produce warm air on the lowest setting during this period the only control that worked was switching it on or off couldn't adjust blower speed or direction to the vents. Also the cruise control on 4 seperate occasions applied the brakes as I was trying to overtake because it thought I was undertaking. So I'll be asking for the software to be updated from 1664 to 1668 and the steering wheel and wiring harness to be replaced asking with the 12v battery to be checked. Just hope it doesn't take newly a month for them to do it like the last time I left it with them

0 0 0

3. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Keep me posted.
    The list I took -
    Travel Assist ping approx 30 times a journey. No pattern but does do it more when turning steering wheel.
    Manoeuvre breaking error
    Parking distance error
    Infotainment system reboots

All since the 1668 update!

0 0 0

4. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just had a call from the dealers who have just told me I need a new steering wheel. My 10 month old car has had to have a new headlight as it wouldn't turn off at all...ever and now a new steering wheel. It's on back order and they don't know when they will get one. Am due to go on holiday shortly - they said car safe to drive...my response...so i have to put up with 50 pings every hour? they said yes. Should I insist on a loan car??

Quote Originally Posted by carolinemason View Post
    Keep me posted.
    The list I took -
    Travel Assist ping approx 30 times a journey. No pattern but does do it more when turning steering wheel.
    Manoeuvre breaking error
    Parking distance error
    Infotainment system reboots

All since the 1668 update!

0 0 0

5. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    How long was you waiting for the steering wheel and loom to be in stock?

0 0 0

6. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinemason View Post
    Just had a call from the dealers who have just told me I need a new steering wheel. My 10 month old car has had to have a new headlight as it wouldn't turn off at all...ever and now a new steering wheel. It's on back order and they don't know when they will get one. Am due to go on holiday shortly - they said car safe to drive...my response...so i have to put up with 50 pings every hour? they said yes. Should I insist on a loan car??
    When our car was playing up like this I emailed our (very helpful) salesperson and (politely) said that I’d given VW every opportunity to fix the problem and I that I’d “like to discuss my options”. Within an hour the service manager of the dealership was on the phone to say that he had sourced an almost identical loan car and would I mind calling to collect it or would I like it delivered. We had the loan car for almost 2 weeks while they were in touch with VW HQ to identify the problem and then to update the software and fit the new wheel. Admittedly, this was over the Christmas holidays so I think they did well.

Impossible to say how long your steering wheel will take as it depends on the current supply and demand.

But I would say that the repeated dinging is so distracting that it’s dangerous to drive the car on a long and unfamiliar journey. So yes, I’d insist on an equivalent loaner.

The good news is that the new steering wheel will almost certainly fix your problem. We haven’t had one instance of ‘travel assist not available since’ and it’s a different car - a pleasure to drive.
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

7. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Got an update today, a new steering wheel, and control module that had something to do with the state of charge coming from the 12v battery are on order and they hope to have it done by the end of next week. We shall see....

0 0 0

8. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Got the car back today it's had a new steering wheel fitted another control module replaced again no detail which control module and had what is listed as "recall campaign"work done to it but no software update still on 1664. I'll report back in a week or so to see if anything been fixed this time, at the rate of faulty parts being I'll have have a new golf again by the end of the year....

0 0 0

9. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Well it appears Travel assist us fixed since the steering wheel was replaced as could of weeks ago, I now just need a solution to the infotainment screen randomly crashing and rebooting. Also had collision assist unavailable a few times when the temperature lowers during the late evening

0 0 0

10. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    check latest posts in rejection advice.

0 0 0

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast