1. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Week since my cruise control packed in I've stopped getting the the travel assist error so every cloud.....

1 0 0

2. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Third time in the workshop today & steering wheel replaced. Here's hoping that cures it.

They seem remarkably determined for me to never do business with them again when the dealership decided to announce via text 3 hours after drop-off that the site would be closing early and that I should collect the car before 4pm and not the usual 5pm-5:15 cutoff that i'd made arrangements to get there for. Not a dickybird mentioned about it at drop-off this morning and they admitted it was a decision made in the middle of the working day. Never mind customers' work time and arrangements being screwed up when you've got to get home early for the football eh? Absolute amateurs.

0 0 0

3. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    This football thing disrupts business every time, I hate it when England are in anything approaching a final, everyone seems to go brain dead and incapable of work, after I opened up at 7.50 am this morning, the others descended about an hour later and all they could discuss is if I would let them go home early to watch the bloody footie. Stupid game for stupid people…
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    This football thing disrupts business every time, I hate it when England are in anything approaching a final, everyone seems to go brain dead and incapable of work, after I opened up at 7.50 am this morning, the others descended about an hour later and all they could discuss is if I would let them go home early to watch the bloody footie. Stupid game for stupid people…
    No issue with them doing it as a gesture to their staff. Springing it on your customers half way through the day though is ridiculous. Then again, these are the same cretins that initially delivered me the wrong car so I shouldn't be too shocked.

0 0 0

5. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Car had its first service yesterday. There were 2 software related "recalls" performed, which apparently should address all the issues I mentioned, we shall see!. The infotainment software was updated from 1650 to 1668. Fortunately the work was all done in one day, although the garage had allocated a loan car to me for 2 in case it took longer and they were open past the start time of the England game

0 1 0

6. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Got my car back yesterday the 7th of July after dropping it off on the 14th of June for Travel Assist faults and numerous others. They have replaced a "control module" but no information as to what it does, my dealer has been very good with giving me updates however the loan Golf VW UK provided via Eurocar has magically developed a scratch on the front bumper since I dropped it off at the dealers yesterday and I'm awaiting an inspection report with repair costs, it was ok the previous day when I hand washed it.... As for my Golf its early days but its still on software 1664 so no update.

0 0 0

7. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    People sometimes complain that our loan cars are a bit scruffy (although top notch mechanically) and my answer is unless it is a big knock, who gives a toss?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Well after driving the car for a bit the travel assist unavailable fault is still there, 12v battery voltage warnings even though the engine turns over no problem, a couple of times when starting the car had the SOS activating fault before it resets and the infotainment screen takes ages to start up now and when it does instead of the privacy settings icon along with the globe for connection all I get is the car 2 car symbol. Also since coming back from the dealers the engine send to want to idle at 1300rpm must of the time now as well, so I'll be contacting them on Monday so they can have another go at fixing it. Europcar have yet to come back to me with any evidence of the alleged damaged front bumper. I'm sure it will be worth it once Volkswagen figure out how to make it work properly.....

0 0 0

9. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    My 70 plate golf had the update last week. Also went in with a very noisy gear change when lift clutch up. A noise from under car when you turning on a camber ( sounds like something catching on something and also a strange noise when accelerator down, like the exhaust or something.

dealer says gear/ clutch normal and they all do it. The noise under car is road noise. (Really!!!!) And now after update my travel assist bings. Like Earlier posts, doesn’t seem any rhyme or reason, sometimes 50 times. Sometimes once. Also had manoeuvre break unavailable. Parking sensors unavailable. Window wipers come on. Seems like the update broke my car. Going in again on Monday - again.

Anybody have the Same gear / clutch nois change issue? I have had older cars sound more healthy. feel like I’m being fobbed off coz I’m a girl!

0 0 0

10. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinemason View Post
    My 70 plate golf had the update last week. Also went in with a very noisy gear change when lift clutch up. A noise from under car when you turning on a camber ( sounds like something catching on something and also a strange noise when accelerator down, like the exhaust or something.

dealer says gear/ clutch normal and they all do it. The noise under car is road noise. (Really!!!!) And now after update my travel assist bings. Like Earlier posts, doesn’t seem any rhyme or reason, sometimes 50 times. Sometimes once. Also had manoeuvre break unavailable. Parking sensors unavailable. Window wipers come on. Seems like the update broke my car. Going in again on Monday - again.

Anybody have the Same gear / clutch nois change issue? I have had older cars sound more healthy. feel like I’m being fobbed off coz I’m a girl!
    You don't say which engine/gearbox combination you have, but on our 130 1.5 TFSi Life we do not have ant moise issues from either the clutch or from under the car. If they say it is "normal" then ask then to let you take their senior technician out in your car and deosntrate the issues and then go out in another car and get them to show you they both have the same issue.

Road noise could be down to tracking. If one of the wheels is off it could be dragging along the road so may be worth having that looked at, preferaly at somewhere where they have a hunter 4 wheel system available

As for the software it seems we are all guinea pigs as VW try to sort out the bugs

0 0 0

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast