Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Oh dear here we go!!
    My Golf has an intermittent fault on the front assist/lane assist software, upon start up its disabled, then becomes enabled and so on, the constant DING is really annoying.....its does eventually clear.
    So I thought Id contact VW, they’re not aware of any fault like this says customer services who are not mechanically or electronically trained....contact your dealer, who's techs are new to the Mk8 and will only go back to VW as I attempted to ask in the first place.
    I do like the car but not when it DINGSat me all the time.
    Ill let you know the outcome.
    Since posting I have viewed other forums who's cars are on the same platform, this type of fault has been around since 2015 with no fix, there's even a law suit going on in regards to the vehicle suddenly braking!
    Recent thinking is remove the outer badge, clean behind it and re-attach, Im going for the re-calibration option, but heres COVID-19 and dealers will shut for a month :-(
    Last edited by Cyborg2; 03-11-2020 at 07:28 PM.

0 1 0

2. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I think I may refuse to work on the Golf 8 when they come into the aftermarket...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I’m getting a similar message with a travel assist error constantly appearing and disappearing with the beep alongside it. It’s really annoying going on and off with no idea how to resolve it. Only had the car a week.

Now raised with the dealer as driving gets annoying with the beep and just hoping it doesn’t do anything else unexpected.

0 0 0

4. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Yes - we have that too. With us, it’s Emergency Assist and Travel Assist. It dings at least once every journey and sometimes more frequently.
    As you say, very distracting.

it might be my imagination but it seems to happen more when it’s raining, and also when we put it into reverse.

I’ve reported it to the dealer at the same time as it was in for the eSIM losing connectivity, and I’m hoping the promised software update for the aerial control module might help. (See post 9 on this thread Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers ).

0 0 0

5. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Same for me, and yes it also seems worse in bad weather

0 0 0

6. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quick update.....there isnt one :-(
    Its a known issue that excessive rain the front array causes confusion with the onboard systems, indeed if water gets behind the VW badge ( as its only cliped on) this can and will affect its functionality.
    Ive had issues with snow on the front radar with my Tiguan and T-Roc, they used to "bing" too!
    Ive been in touch with VW UK, they are not aware of any such issue....funny that.

I think the frustrating bit is the self denyal car makers insist on giving out, I like the car and wont be moving it on, its got a quirk thats a bit anoying thats all, VW just need to be that little more honest and step up to the plate.
    Oh and Im not going to knock the dealer, they cant fix if theres no fix to fix with...if you see what I mean lol

0 1 0

7. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg2 View Post
    Its a known issue that excessive rain the front array causes confusion with the onboard systems, indeed if water gets behind the VW badge ( as its only cliped on) this can and will affect its functionality. Ive had issues with snow on the front radar with my Tiguan
    Funny thing is, in our case it’s the Emergency Assist and Travel Assist that are temporarily unavailable. And when this happens, the adaptive cruise control works fine.

So I’m not sure it’s the front badge which, as far as I know houses the radar controlling the ACC. Emergency Assist would use the aerial and Travel Assist (ie the lane keeping function) presumably uses the camera in the windscreen.

Anyway, if you experience these sort of issues, please report them to the dealer, and keep pressing. The more we do so, the more likely it is to go up the line.

0 0 0

8. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg2 View Post
    Its a known issue that excessive rain the front array causes confusion with the onboard systems
    and the powers that be want these systems to drive the cars for us, smart motorway syndrome again...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    and the powers that be want these systems to drive the cars for us, smart motorway syndrome again...
    I agree. There is a long way to go before cars can even deliver Level 3 Autonomy, let alone Level 4 or 5

0 0 0

10. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Im employed by an independant dealership covering all markes, reporting to the dealer does not encourage the car makers to do anything constructive or admit anythings actually wrong.
    Whats needed is an ombudsman service which deals with the motor industry itself, what we currently have deals with disputes between the consumer and the dealer under the guise of New Car Code of Practice
    I cant hold the dealer responsible in full when its a manufacturers issue, the ADR ( Alternative Dispute Resolution) is the only remaining option after jumping through many hoops and fences should anyone feel they have nothing better to do

0 0 0

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast