1. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ended up taking mine in again for travel assist issues. Had the software update in January which I thought had fixed matters, but it came back sporadically and then more frequently to the point where it would just go off and stay off (actually better than it pinging). Anyway, they ordered new steering wheel and loom, sounds like that should fix matters. Thankfully little else wrong with mine…

0 0 0

2. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Despite having a load of updates and the new wheel/loom last summer then some issues have started to arise again. Radio stopping working (requires forcing the entertainment unit to reset) and transient warnings for stuff like the parking sensors tripping off, usually when starting,

EDIT: Now its spread to getting a loud pop in the speakers after a few minutes driving and then the SOS system failing. The car ended up ringing the fault in itself which triggered an appointment being made (the booking details suggested its yet another a recall matter).
    Last edited by bfr; 29-03-2022 at 01:06 PM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Golf Mk8 Estate 2021 Software 1788 - Front / Travel / Emergency assist light fault. Like most here we have had intermittent fault lights with no logic behind why that was happening. Tried all the usual tricks - rebooting - pushing and pulling the steering wheel in frustration (and cursing all things VW) - cleaning the sensors - cleaning the VW front badge (behind which the sensor / radar camera sits) all to no avail. Still frustrated we were travelling down the motorway to Manchester with the warning light going off like there was no tomorrow (at this rate I thought there's going to be no tomorrow for this car), then a couple of things occurred to me - 1) the manual says that the warning can be triggered if the view of radar sensor or camera is impaired due to weather conditions - 2) we had been driving in very bright sunlight with high contrast of light and shade flickering. So I thought could the radar be "confused" by refections somehow. When I had a look later I saw that the top edge of the numberplate was shiny aluminium. This could possibly reflect into the camera / sensor. So I simply painted the top edge with mat black paint. And, guess what? The warning light has not triggered for 2 months now. So go check the top edge of your numberplate and make it mat black. It just might solve your problem.
    Last edited by Ian Grout; 27-05-2023 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Travel / Emergency / Front Assist Warning Light

1 1 0

4. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this problem when the battery was going to die but I still didn't know that. Maybe this will help someone: the battery should show 12.5 volts in modern VW (and any cars actually). If it goes below that treshold, the car starts freaking out and all those assists error messages are attacking you like crazy. Jumping the battery helped me and in a month I had to buy a new battery, so now things are much better - no clinging at every traffic light.

0 0 0

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789