1. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Much the same as post#6 on this thread. Although, interestingly, slightly different wording.
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    Much the same as post#6 on this thread. Although, interestingly, slightly different wording.
    So tried the instructions . Firstly I can not even get a choice of privacy settings . Spoke to VW customer service and they went through it with me while I sat in the car . They said it may need to be escalated to the tech team and the. Maybe visit my local dealer :-( as the Esim may need a reset ?
    Below is the next email .

Thank you very much for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services with regards to the issue in We Connect.

Following the conversation with one of our representatives, we would like to ask you to provide us the following information:

Screenshot of your vehicle’s system information (Menu-Settings-System information.
    Screenshot of the greyed out globe showing that the top of the screen and recent timestamp 9time & date).
    Screenshot of any error message/malfunction, when you try to access the Privacy settings and perform the factory reset.

We would like to thank you for your kind cooperation. We need this information to include them into our report on your behalf and escalate the current ticket.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    My 'globe' has been grey for a few days now. Everything in the car works, apart from WeConnect, which doesn't sync.
    Funnily enough, the SOS emergency error has disappeared completely, so it is somehow related to the WeConnect service or part of it.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arciere View Post
    My 'globe' has been grey for a few days now. Everything in the car works, apart from WeConnect, which doesn't sync.
    Funnily enough, the SOS emergency error has disappeared completely, so it is somehow related to the WeConnect service or part of it.
    Same when you set the cars privacy to "Maximum Privacy" the SOS issues do not occur (e.g "SOS is now active" message or "Error: Emergency Call. Please visit workshop error” message & light (and click from centre speaker))
    Golf 8 1.5 eTSI, 7-speed DSG, Style, Deep Black Pearl, Rear View camera, UTR

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    So just an hour ago went for a drive and the globe bright white and connected . Just like that! Managed to delete old primary user and set up new one. I wonder if sending all the information to we connect did the truck and maybe they did something ? Strange after 8 days I got connection . Fingers crossed it stays that way .

Just one thing though , get the message traffic restriction restricted? I am on full show privacy settings . Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Did anyone manage to find out what the solution is to this issue?

I’m having the greyed out globe issue plus the privacy settings keep defaulting back to maximum privacy when I turn off the ignition.

My car connects to the my connect app when it be changed the privacy setting on the Discover Nav Pro. As soon as I turn of the ignition I get a message in the app that the settings have been deactivated.

I’m thinking of downloading a software update via SD card but it’s a lot of hassle

Every time I turn on the stereo it displays the message car register to me on X date

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
    Did anyone manage to find out what the solution is to this issue?

I’m having the greyed out globe issue plus the privacy settings keep defaulting back to maximum privacy when I turn off the ignition.

My car connects to the my connect app when it be changed the privacy setting on the Discover Nav Pro. As soon as I turn of the ignition I get a message in the app that the settings have been deactivated.

I’m thinking of downloading a software update via SD card but it’s a lot of hassle

Every time I turn on the stereo it displays the message car register to me on X date
    Sorry, grasping at straws here.....

Obviously you’ve set up a user profile and set it as the primary user. (That’s why the message is saying that the car is registered to you as primary user.). BUT, when unlocking the car and switching on, you are being assigned as a Guest User (which is why the privacy defaults to max and the globe will show as not connected until you adjust the privacy).

I wonder if you are using a different key to open the car from the one that you used to log in as the primary user profile? The profile to be used is associated with the particular key, and if you’ve swapped keys perhaps that’s why you’re being assigned as a guest user?

You could check this by unlocking the car with the other key to see if the system then recognises you as the primary user.

Or, with the existing key, you could try to log in on the car to your user profile (after setting privacy to least restricted and getting connected).

I don’t think you”ll be able to load a software update via SD card / USB - the only meaningful updates (where there is a change to the version number) have to be done by a dealer - at least at the moment.
    Last edited by Handydave; 03-05-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    Sorry, grasping at straws here.....

Obviously you’ve set up a user profile and set it as the primary user. (That’s why the message is saying that the car is registered to you as primary user.). BUT, when unlocking the car and switching on, you are being assigned as a Guest User (which is why the privacy defaults to max and the globe will show as not connected until you adjust the privacy).

I wonder if you are using a different key to open the car from the one that you used to log in as the primary user profile? The profile to be used is associated with the particular key, and if you’ve swapped keys perhaps that’s why you’re being assigned as a guest user?

You could check this by unlocking the car with the other key to see if the system then recognises you as the primary user.

Or, with the existing key, you could try to log in on the car to your user profile (after setting privacy to least restricted and getting connected).

I don’t think you”ll be able to load a software update via SD card / USB - the only meaningful updates (where there is a change to the version number) have to be done by a dealer - at least at the moment.
    Both keys are registered to my profile. However I was using the 2nd key I linked to my profile. Using the first key now seems to have resolved the issue.

To be sure I deleted the car from my profile on the app and deleted my profile from the car. Then went through the process of adding my profile & linking the keys. Issue now sorted as I’m using the 1st key I registered.

So good so far. sat nav is accurate & my profile loads with my privacy settings.

Thanks for your help

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    My car was with VW for a couple of days, they ran some "software updates". When I checked, the software version was exactly the same as the one I had before.

The guy told me that they are required to follow the procedure, which means trying software updates first, then if that doesn't work they can proceed to step 2, which is probably replacing components.

So now I will have to go back to them in a couple of weeks. What a waste of time.

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My car was with VW for a couple of days, they ran some "software updates". When I checked, the software version was exactly the same as the one I had before.

The guy told me that they are required to follow the procedure, which means trying software updates first, then if that doesn't work they can proceed to step 2, which is probably replacing components.

So now I will have to go back to them in a couple of weeks. What a waste of time.
    Which software version you have installed ? Mine is 1666.

0 0 0

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast