Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Is there a cable to buy to make a line out on this model to run a subwoofer

If not is it splice into the speaker cables only ?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    There aren't any line level outputs or VW adapters to get them. Others use either an amp that takes hi-level (ie speaker) inputs, or an extra widget to get the RCAs to feed amp.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

3. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks has anyone used a bass controller connected to a line converter

Are the speakers possible to switch to line out in vagcom it is this not possible

0 0 0

4. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all brought the above radio with code plugged it in and it’s asked for the code

Put it in and it says code invalid but let’s me in the stereo anyway

Is this a glitch everything seems to work ok

0 0 0

5. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I didn’t realise the microphone connector is different to my old stereo ( added cost)

Is there an adaptor available to use my old one it’s a normal headphone socket plug

0 0 0

6. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Do you mean a microphone for phone use, or the 3.5mm socket to plug something like an iPhone into to hear music?

The pins are on the back for a latter, and a suitable socket / cable is one of these which plugs into one of the small 12-way connectors on the back of the radio: AUX Cable 3,5mm >> Quadlock 12pol for VW RNS310, RNS510 | eBay. You can get them with 3.5mm sockets that will snap into a spare / blanked button on the console, or with a 3.5mm plug to go straight into the iPhone, etc.

If the old radio was a similar VAG one it should be a same. What was that?

BTW, depending on the coding in the radio it may or may not come to life easily. If for example it has been told a CD changer (or emulator like the iPod widget) is connected it might not like a "plain" AUX input. VCDS or similar can get the coding right I think.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

7. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks all the microphone was different so had to replace

I have brought a gps antenna but all the pics online show a Fabra connector I don’t have one on mine any ideas what I do

0 0 0

8. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    That looks like it may be the right connector, except that the blue locking surround has been lost somehow. I'd be suspicious of why that might be, but if it all works then fine.

If the antenna will push on I'd see if something like a stick-on cable tie could be positioned to keep it in place, although once safely mounted in the dash there shoild be nothing to pull it iut.
    ======

0 0 0

9. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yer I wondered that no way to get a new connector it doesn’t seem to clip on very well

0 0 0

10. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    If you look for "pcb fakra" on eBay you might find something you can punch the "electrical" bits out of to get a plastic part to glue to radio.
    ======

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast