Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks I cut one down and cable tied it on gps seems to work ok

Couple questions the radio had a 2019 disc in it but the disc player doesn’t work to update the maps any chance I can transfer to sd card

Mine had version 6 at the moment how old is this

Thanks for all your help I now have Bluetooth calling. GPS. Dab and fm and subwoofer fitted

Won’t tell the missus how much it’s cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I had a similar question over here: RNS310 maps: CD or SD? - but no-one answered .

As I understand after further reading, it the RNS will copy the CD to wherever the maps can work from. In my case for the RNS310 that is an SD card, and I think your RNS315 has internal storage. But (also AIUI) it encrypts / locks the map content to the device as it does that, so you can't then simply put that SD card into another RNS310.

I think a side effect of that is that you can't just copy the CD to SD using a PC for the RNS to use as I think you're suggesting.

I think v6 is 2014, but maybe the 310 / 315 versioning is different?

Does the disc player work with audio CDs? If not then mine was the same until I took it apart an put a dab of sewing machine oil on the main motor spindle. If it is just the map CD not working then putting it in a CD polisher might work. You can also find "CD recovery" software that will repeatedly try and read it part by part until it has as much as it can get. You can then use a different PC / drive to do the same, utilising the way that different drives / lasers / readers will sometimes fail or succeed on different parts of the disk. Feed both / all sets of recovered data into the "merge and rewrite" part of the software and you may have a complete disc to burn, but that may fail if the original discs also have some form of copy protection...
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

3. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ok thanks

Issues I’m having the fm and dab worked fine yesterday but kept cutting out today really bad

Will check the switched Live to the standard fitted dab aerial

In the setting it shows as amplifier off I gather that’s because I’m using an aftermarket aerial

Worked perfect all week now it’s almost unusable

0 0 0

4. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have disconnected my usb phone charger which does seem to help a little

With the aerial itself it’s quite small would get a slightly taller one (like standard help) or is the reception just poor on parts of my journey

0 0 0

5. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Took the car on the motorway the new aerials no better then the stick on type I had

Any ideas If there’s anything specifics that I can do with the radio maybe a software update it’s doing my head in

0 0 0

6. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone know if the audio output can be changed to line out in vagcom

Have done this on peugeots in the past

Don’t mind fitting an amp but the stereo distorts at higher volumes so just trying to sort that

0 0 0

7. Re: Rns 315 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I don't think it can.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12