1. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My MK8 was delivered with 5H0035816C in last December (built early November). The only acceptable option is 5H0035816D for me
    We will see how it goes

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    They are different hardware with different software. Yours has the 16xx sw while the 816D has the 17xx-18xx software. Also the infotainment unit wasn't the only thing changed with build week 48.
    They would have to change the different control units also. I know of 5 units that have changed: Front Assist, Side Assist, Gateway, Park Assist, Online connectivity unit.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    That's interesting. Do you know the hardware versions of those controllers?

Also, do you have any idea why bw48 brought these changes? It's not a MY change over. Why did they do it?

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So... replaced the MMI unit to another 816C but the software on that is 1666 again, they are not allowed to replace this to 816D.
    The keyless entry issue came back, also produced issues at the service workshop. They suggested to collect again the diagnostic logs and get some help from the engineering but it needs some days again...
    After 5 days I had to get back my car so we agreed to test it for a few weeks and when they will have an available courtesy car then we can do a second round with that issue. I will let you know how it goes. My hope is at least the infotainment issues are fixed with the replaced part.

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    For those on software 1664 / 1666 / 1668 there are reports that a new update 1670 is available.

This can only be done by a dealer and they will not do the update unless the car has software problems.

As mine is exhibiting no faults on 1668 I'll be happy to stick with that.

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Checked my map version today and it’s now on 21.3. Last time I looked (beginning of April) it was on 21.2. Funny thing is, it hasn’t notified me of any software updates available for download in that time and it hasn’t been anywhere near a dealer.

Wonder if it updates map software autonomously?
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieC View Post
    My Golf 8 eTsi (dsg) has been showing all similar software issues; SOS warning take to workshop, front sensor not available, parking brake not engaged etc. I also had the very strange right side interior back light turning itself on and off. I was blaming the kids for leaving the light on, but no, it is a fault.
    I took the golf to VW and they updated the software and changed the light fitting. Golf back within 48 hours. No warnings on the 30min drive home, hope that has sorted the problems!
    The back light pulsing on and off is happening me too! I thought I was going insane! When you brought it in and they changed the fitting was it okay after that?

I’ve been scouring forums trying to find someone with the same issue.

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The light was fine after they changed the fitting, yes. I think we aren't the only ones with this problem on the golf 8, and the dealer changed it straight away no queries.

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello!
    Just bought my first VW Golf Model 8, produced jan 2020….
    I have problem with Voice control…..I get no problem to make a phonecall, but when I tray make Navigation “Navigate me to xxx”, the system all the time understand it as I want to make phoncall and cant find the number!!..
    I don’t know if I do some mistakes with the settings..all suggestion for a solution is welcome…
    THANKS IN ADVANCE..

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    After a quiet spell following the last attempt at fixing the issue it seems the 'travel assist not available' dings are back. Although it seems slightly sporadic (e.g. drove to the gym yesterday and it went off at least 30 times in 6 miles, but only about once doing the return journey). Not exactly thrilled either that the earliest they can get it in for another look is 2 weeks away.

0 0 0

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast