1. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    I’ve never seen a ‘no updates found’ message, just the timer circle as you say. The only exception was that it did find an update once - as far as I recall it found it quite quickly. It did so when I was connected to Wi-fi, but this might just have been a coincidence.

0 2 0

2. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Was notified of an over-the-air software update this afternoon, but as I was driving have only just implemented it. Here's the process:

There was a notification alerting me to the update:
    20201110_194647.jpg

Pressing 'here' brought me to this screen (showing in two parts due to scroll):
    20201110_194725.jpg20201110_194740.jpg

Pressing 'update' initiated the update (only took a minute or so using the built-in eSIM). A message was displayed saying update complete - the new functions will be available the next time you start the vehicle. (Sorry - didnt get a pic of this)

The system information now shows this (again, it's in two pics due to scrolling):
    20201110_194901.jpg20201110_194913.jpg

There doesn't seem to be any difference from my previous software version numbers, except the Display unit/ control panel software now says 'Unknown'.

Am not holding out much hope of anything significant. But at least we know the OTA software updates are still coming through.

ps This is for an eTSI 150 DSG Style with HUD / Winter / Reversing Camera.

0 2 0

3. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Nice vehicle choice Dave. I couldn't convince the wife to get DSG

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Got the same update today. If I can make it to work tomorrow without one of the assist systems glitching I will be happy!

0 2 0

5. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I had the same update today,but not noticed anything different.

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Don’t want to speak too soon, or build up false hopes, but after yesterday’s ota software update I’ve been out this morning for a 15 mile journey (in the rain) and no ‘bings’. Previously was getting these alerts for Travel Assist and Emergency Assist not available at least once per journey and often more frequently.
    @GLX - anything to report?

EDIT - yes, spoke too soon. Been out this afternoon (in even heavier rain) and multiple 'bings' coupled with Emergency Assist not available and Travel Assist not available.

Back to the drawing board.....
    Last edited by Handydave; 11-11-2020 at 05:23 PM.

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    There doesn't seem to be any difference from my previous software version numbers, except the Display unit/ control panel software now says 'Unknown'.
    I normally seen Unknown for Display unit/ control panel versions after my car has had one of it's SOS/xx not active errors. A soft reset normally gets it to show the versions again (hold infotainment power button down until the Welcome to VW logo appears)

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4ttv View Post
    A soft reset normally gets it to show the versions again (hold infotainment power button down until the Welcome to VW logo appears)
    Thanks, @m4ttv. The soft reset did indeed bring up the details of the Display Panel/Control Unit hardware and software. Turns out, they're also the same as the previous version (H46 and 2091 respectively).

Must have been a minor update.

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm… My car seems to be stuck on the 1650 version of the software. There was no single Software Update found ever since I got it (2 months ago, car was purchased by first owner in March), maps do get updated however and I'm on 20.9 now like everyone else. Seems that bigger Software Updates do really need to be done by the dealer. When I contacted mine to enquire about this, their response was basically "we don't do that unles the manufacturer requests it" which seems weird to me, like they haven't been informed about how this is different for the Mk8.

Has anyone successfully gotten their car updated to a newer software version by their dealer?

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    When I went to see my local VW dealer a couple of weeks ago the sales person I spoke to wasn't aware the golf 8 had over the air updates!

Mine is having the interior rear light replaced under warranty as I type, but will check when I get it back.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast